Guilia Preview - Birmingham

lisknik

I think it was worth the long drive up there. I think Alfa have got it right on this one, a new car I actuall like!!!

IMG_2192.jpgIMG_2194.jpgIMG_2195.jpgIMG_2196.jpgIMG_2200.jpgIMG_2201.jpgIMG_2199.jpgIMG_2204.jpgIMG_2205.jpgIMG_2203.jpg

Sounds not too bad either :)

[video=youtube;56MSVQ21_w4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56MSVQ21_w4[/video]

iainw

Really tempted by this. Looks stunning.
Spoke to Alfa this week- surprised they arrive next month and he didn't seem to think there would be a problem getting one before end of Nov. Did he know what he was talking about?!

sionie1

I'm going to the Manchester one - think it's next week. Worth a trip out by the looks of things

Wattie

I'm really liking that two tone brown.....Is there something wrong with my eyesight?.
Cheers Wattie

urquattrogus

Can't decide whether to go to the London one tomorrow.

What do you get to do?

I've already seen and sat in a cooking Giulia at a company car show...

Andyk

So with the Giulia QV thingy having great reviews a toppling the AMG and M3 of its perch will it be short lived......?

Jaguar are bringing out an XE SV Project 8 version....600 bhp !!!!! ..... Knowing how my lowly standard diesel handles and drives this will be a beast I bet...Would love a go in one. But will it be a rival...Probably not as it will be limit to 300 units for the Jaguar enthusiast collector so expect a pretty eye watering price I would imagine.
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/jaguar-xe-project-8-confirmed/36298

StuartW

Incredible, there seems to be no limit to bhp in regular cars now and these numbers are no longer the preserve of only supercars

iainw

Looks exiting Andy- but as you say- the price will be huge - and put it into a bracket IMO with cars it won't be able to compete with.

Joe macari has a nice Jag saloon for sale- but I believe it is circa 150k.
This new one will be 200k+
When you can get a fully specced FF or a fully specced Vanquish for that price - would you still go for the jag?

Andyk

Wouldn't have thought it would be that much Iain.......After all it is still an XE......Only 300 may put it in the M3 GTS camp maybe. Interesting to find out....If a V8 F Type with 550 bhp is 90k can't see this being much more....The XE is standard form is cheaper than the FType.....Only the rarity will push the price up....Wasn't the Project 7 F Type roadster thingy about 130k when it came out and that was limited so the XE should be less than that ....... Maybe.....

Andyk

What's the Joe Macari one Iain...Can't see anything on his web site and can't figure out what Jaguar saloon would be that much ?

Oh a God no to your question....Vanquish every time.......but if they bought it out as a model at it was the same sort of money as the Alfa, M cars or AMGs I would def go for the XE.