Alfa Mito Cloverleaf - Bargain Price for Quick Sale

2b1ask1

Special case
I have researched these prior to buying the Brera. Issues seem to be electric power steering can play up, and possibly engine issues, but just like any car look for it being used and well maintained. I do like that a lot.

By no means a cloverleaf but Jeanette's second Mito this year has spent more time in the workshop than with us (now over 2:1) with this multiple error codes failure that kicks all the systems out. They have changed many things including the main loom and this week they are changing the steering column! If this does not fix it the lease company are demanding a new motor replacement!

iainw

By no means a cloverleaf but Jeanette's second Mito this year has spent more time in the workshop than with us (now over 2:1) with this multiple error codes failure that kicks all the systems out. They have changed many things including the main loom and this week they are changing the steering column! If this does not fix it the lease company are demanding a new motor replacement!

I haven't had a problem with it, and no problems on previous services etc. Sometimes its just luck. I haven't read anything about them being particularly unreliable, and its not old and relatively low mileage.

Got myself a 17 plate today from the DVLA I have been waiting for for years.. so now I need to look for a 17 plate to fit it on, so no need to drive to Newcastle :)

2b1ask1

Special case
It wasn't a knock Iain; just our own experience with this Mito, I'm pleased to say Jeanette got it back today after over two months! They feel the replacement steering column has done the job... we shall see.

JonW

Wish this was still for sale - I'm starting to think I may need a station car to protect my GTS

iainw

Wish this was still for sale - I'm starting to think I may need a station car to protect my GTS

Its the stage we all go through lol.
I sold it a few weeks ago (cant believe I had only done around 1,500 miles in it).
Still loving the Evoque. My wife was ready to give me **** for buying it in addition to the Maserati but her, her family and my family have all fallen in love with it. So funny.

Ewan

JonW - for a station car, add a cheaper Maser to your stable. How about the manual '04 year 4200 from Westlake garage in Richmond (Surrey). It's only £11k so would be depreciation proof and you'd still be in a Maser as a daily hack.

JonW

JonW - for a station car, add a cheaper Maser to your stable. How about the manual '04 year 4200 from Westlake garage in Richmond (Surrey). It's only £11k so would be depreciation proof and you'd still be in a Maser as a daily hack.

Ewan - lovely idea, but to justify my GTS I had to buy (lease) the wife a Range Rover Sport. To persuade her it was sensible to have a second Maserati as a station car would probably need to me buy a villa in the South of France!....

I'm reassured by Iain's suggestion that it's just a phase I'm going through, and hopefully my GTS will be fine as a daily driver...

iainw

Ewan - lovely idea, but to justify my GTS I had to buy (lease) the wife a Range Rover Sport. To persuade her it was sensible to have a second Maserati as a station car would probably need to me buy a villa in the South of France!....

I'm reassured by Iain's suggestion that it's just a phase I'm going through, and hopefully my GTS will be fine as a daily driver...

I meant its a stage we all get to after we realise the GTS isn't really a daily driver for most people :/
Its a hard choice of what second car to get...but I think its important. Just keeps the GTS feeling more special - and I dont think its a sensible car for the winter. I just cant stand seeing it covered in salt and dirt and going slowly on wet icy roads....

CatmanV2

Much as it pains me, I don't drive the GT as much as the 4200. It's too big that for most small town hopping I can't park comfortably (at least in a 1960s new town parking design)

C

Contigo

Sponsor
I meant its a stage we all get to after we realise the GTS isn't really a daily driver for most people :/
Its a hard choice of what second car to get...but I think its important. Just keeps the GTS feeling more special - and I dont think its a sensible car for the winter. I just cant stand seeing it covered in salt and dirt and going slowly on wet icy roads....

Mines a daily, life's too short unless you are doing like galactic miles as a commute, in which case find a new job :D

JonW

Thanks - mine was bought to be a daily driver (it's one of the main reasons I went for the automatic), and I'm going to persevere with it for a bit. The only drive I do most days is a couple of miles to the train station and back, and whilst this is not great for the battery, I've invested in one of the bigger CTEK charges (MXS 7.0), and have got this hooked up on the back wall of my garage...

It probably needs some more thought, but if it becomes too much hassle, or if I start to feel I'm devaluing the Maser too much, then a cheaper station car may be required. However, at the moment I'm enjoying the sensation of starting the car in the evening and watching everyone's heads swivel round to see what on earth made that noise!....