Giulia Day

iainw

Did they have any base models there as well. Have a letter inviting me to test drive which i may well do. The one area that concerns me is the quality of the product.....it could be a great car to dive and look at but if the quality of the build and materials have not moved on significantly then they will still struggle to get people out of their BMW's, Audis, Jaguars, etc...

With you on the V6 one....I would never have taken an Alfa over a BMW M car but would now. That's a step forward for me...

Agree totally Andy. I wouldn't either - but the QC seems to be a totally new direction.
They had some base models and I think were offering tests drives. I am waiting for the QC demonstrator!

Watched a youtube clip and it looked awesome in metallic grey

Andyk

Red or blue for me Iain.....Just don't have the readies to buy one.......and I think if I had 60k plus to buy one car to use everyday but also for fun I would probably go used 991 911......but the Alfa is a very interesting proposition even if I have fallen out of love with the marque over the last few years. There was a time were it had to be an Alfa but not any more. although they are trying to change the image back to the sporting heritage and the rear wheel drive is a great start.

MrMickS

Would have to be Alfa red. Interestingly the Q is in such short supply not all dealers will see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iainw

Would have to be Alfa red. Interestingly the Q is in such short supply not all dealers will see one.

TBF it looks amazing in any colour!
Swayed by my wife's love of gunmetal grey.... but I agree alfa Red is v striking

Maser Sod

How much is the Giulia QF (QV)? I went to the website of my local dealership, Thames Slough, and couldn't see anything meaningful.

Reminds me of the smoke and mirrors of the 4C - "by all means buy it, but don't you dare ask for a test drive".

If there's one in Cardiff then I may pop down and take a look.

MrMickS

Only some dealers are getting it. It's at the £59000 mark as far as I remember

Andyk

Yes starting price 59k..A few options around 65k...Seems pretty well optioned to start with though.

DaveT

A few of the guys who work for me on car launch events have done a fair bit of passenger ride work at racetracks with the QV over the past few months.

Feedback: Great car. However goes through FRONT tyres at a rate of knots. So bad they were asked to throttle back by Alfa when on spirited drives to ease the load on the brakes and tyres.

Yes it was on track - but going through fronts in considerably less than 1000 miles.

MrMickS

Given that it has been determined that I drive "arduously" I'm glad I didn't wait for it. I used to go through a set of fronts in the Selespeed in under 10k so there would be no hope for me.

Maser Sod

So it's probably 65K for a decent spec'ed car.

There's a lot of competition around that price. The C63AMG and M5 offer similar performance for the cash and have had all their foibles ironed out. Not sure I'd like to be a guinea pig at 65K. The first batch of 4C's all had to go back to the garage to get stuff fixed in what Alfa politely called the 'Pit Stop' scheme. And the mechanics themselves are often learning on the job when it comes to fixing and maintaining new cars.

Andyk

You can configure on the web site now.....65/66k gets you the most options including upgraded stereo, carbon backed seats and the 8c red which is 1700 so could get a decent one for probably 63.5......You can add carbon brakes at 5500 and topple 70k......

zagatoes30

Looks like £65k is where the sweet spec lies and with demand high discounts will be limited. I will wait a year or two and then look for a 2nd hand one once things have calmed a little.

On the driving front Paul, who works at Milbrook, was telling me that they were eating tyres but only when the drivers were seriously pushing. Under normal fast driving they are no worse than other performance cars with circa 500BHP but Alfa are looking at suspension and steering settings to improve things.

Paul also mentioned they are seriously quick, they have been pushing the fastest times on both the handling and alpine circuit at Milbrook which is unheard of for a saloon car.

StuartW

I'm sure Alfa know that for what they are asking for this car, it has to be very special indeed but the signs are good - I hope they get it right but if only Maserati offered something similar with the Ghibli as the chassis seems more than capable

Andyk

For reviews to put it above the M4 and M3 it has to be pretty special. Just hope the quality is up there ashore money it needs to be a big step on from the 159 and the current range.

dem maser

I think Alfa have blown the possibility of Maserati doing a 4 door just as fast or as good.....the Alfa does 0-60 in 3.8 secs
has circa 500bhp
makes a lovely noise
all this for 60k new!!

What does Maserati have to do to beat that?
The only thing they can get away with is the price, they can price it higher based on the brand but it has to be better ie faster and more powerful otherwise the Alfa wins hands down

dem maser

For reviews to put it above the M4 and M3 it has to be pretty special. Just hope the quality is up there ashore money it needs to be a big step on from the 159 and the current range.

I t is Andy.
Both you and i are big fans of the M cars but when i saw the the QV and M3 back to back and heard them etc the Alfa won...they quality is a lot better than the 159 and that was decent