Giulia Day

MrMickS

Today was the day that the Giulia appeared in the UK dealers, as I had the time I popped in to take a look. Its a nice car, even in Super trim though its definitely a step down from the Ghibli and it confirmed to me that I'd made the right choice. It was a nice place to sit but felt much more cramped. I daresay that the QV is a beast but I'd rather have the luxury than the ultimate performance.

Chatting with the salesman I said that if I could have ordered a QV in March I'd have bought one, he said I wasn't the first to say that today and that, as a long term Alfa salesman, he thought that it was late and priced too high. They are outside the price band that the salesman can get, which has to be a mistake. Don't you want to get them on the road and seen?

iainw

Today was the day that the Giulia appeared in the UK dealers, as I had the time I popped in to take a look. Its a nice car, even in Super trim though its definitely a step down from the Ghibli and it confirmed to me that I'd made the right choice. It was a nice place to sit but felt much more cramped. I daresay that the QV is a beast but I'd rather have the luxury than the ultimate performance.

Chatting with the salesman I said that if I could have ordered a QV in March I'd have bought one, he said I wasn't the first to say that today and that, as a long term Alfa salesman, he thought that it was late and priced too high. They are outside the price band that the salesman can get, which has to be a mistake. Don't you want to get them on the road and seen?

I saw the QV in Cardiff. Stunning. Different league to the Ghibli overall in my opinion, but it must be in Qv format as agree the basic ones aren't as nice as the ghibli.

Are you sure you can't get one in March?

I think the price is reasonable considering its faster than an M3, more unique and better looking.
Just can't justify it costing more than a well specced 10/11/12 GTS. I looked back on it at the Petrol Station today, and even though I see it all the time , I still think it stands out amongst road cars.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Without wishing to be pedantic (although I'm going to be) it's called the Quadrifoglio and therefore it should be QF not QV.

I'll get back in my box now.

dem maser

I got an invite to go to mine but with little one so I couldn't
I have seen it and sat in it already and i love the noise.....sounds lovely and believe me its up there with a Maser in terms of sound

CatmanV2

Without wishing to be pedantic (although I'm going to be) it's called the Quadrifoglio and therefore it should be QF not QV.

Surely it's (like every other one from history) Quadrifoglio Verdi?

C

CatmanV2

This has been annoying me about the car, it looks great but why (oh why oh why) have they suddenly decided the green part is no longer worth mentioning. Otherwise it seems great a return to form...

I have to agree chap. I'm looking at those pictures and feeling that it's giving the GT a run for its money.

I suspect Mrs Catman will be having one, if fortune favours the brave....

C

MrMickS

Should be a Q or QF but it's still gets referred to as a QV by Alfa so ....

When I said March, I meant March this year not next.

It's a nice car. The Quadrafoglio is very fast. It's cramped compared to the Ghibli though and I'm not sure it would be as relaxing a cruiser. So all in all I'm happy with my choice. Next time I think I'll be looking at the GT replacement instead of an Alfa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iainw

Should be a Q or QF but it's still gets referred to as a QV by Alfa so ....

When I said March, I meant March this year not next.

It's a nice car. The Quadrafoglio is very fast. It's cramped compared to the Ghibli though and I'm not sure it would be as relaxing a cruiser. So all in all I'm happy with my choice. Next time I think I'll be looking at the GT replacement instead of an Alfa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Its a difficult one - you are comparing two amazing cars.
Ghibli definitely cruiser and Alfa is a missile

Contigo

Sponsor
I saw the QV in Cardiff. Stunning. Different league to the Ghibli overall in my opinion, but it must be in Qv format as agree the basic ones aren't as nice as the ghibli.

I think the price is reasonable considering its faster than an M3, more unique and better looking.
Just can't justify it costing more than a well specced 10/11/12 GTS. I looked back on it at the Petrol Station today, and even though I see it all the time , I still think it stands out amongst road cars.

Stands out? It looks ******* amazing compared to other road cars. I saw a 16 plate GTS come past on the M4 this morning and it looked identical to my 2009 car from the rear (maybe because it's the same) and I thought even brand new ones still look the bollox next to the **** euro boxes we see on the roads all the time.

MrPea

Slightly off-topic, but I have to say that the "FQ" designation Mitsubishi used on the Evo's was rather amusing in what it stands for!

zagatoes30

Slightly off-topic, but I have to say that the "FQ" designation Mitsubishi used on the Evo's was rather amusing in what it stands for!

FQ was a UK designation only, why it means Fine Quality or at least that is what the UK franchise told the Japanese company ;)

iainw

Stands out? It looks ******* amazing compared to other road cars. I saw a 16 plate GTS come past on the M4 this morning and it looked identical to my 2009 car from the rear (maybe because it's the same) and I thought even brand new ones still look the bollox next to the **** euro boxes we see on the roads all the time.

Agree Phil - you really cant tell the difference on the outside apart from the front bumper. Amazing cars for the money - no doubt

Andyk

Did they have any base models there as well. Have a letter inviting me to test drive which i may well do. The one area that concerns me is the quality of the product.....it could be a great car to dive and look at but if the quality of the build and materials have not moved on significantly then they will still struggle to get people out of their BMW's, Audis, Jaguars, etc...

With you on the V6 one....I would never have taken an Alfa over a BMW M car but would now. That's a step forward for me...