SPORTSALFA
    Caleb_Professor

Upgrade 2006 Alfa Spider Stereo

Hi, I am consider to change my Alfa Spider Stereo to a completely new aftermarket In-car Electronics Seicane S126007 Bluetooth CD/DVD Player with GPS Navigation? Do you know how can I do that easily?Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hi Caleb, well, I cant say I do. If it physically fits in the hole, then you have a fighting chance of doing it at home, but a good auto electrical is probably your best bet.

I have one down here in on the South Coast if you local?

Current:
    2011 Maserati Stradale, 1969 Opel GT. 2015 Audi Q3 (daily workhorse)

Past Masters:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2005 Alfa Spider 3.2 V6, 1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder, 2007 Alfa GT JTD

I'm not particularly tecnically minded but managed to replace my single DIN head unit fairly easily.

The trick is to understand the rear plugs and cable colours of your current unit and the new unit.

The unit you want to use is a single DIN item but has a front 'hangover' for the screen which makes it appear as large as (or larger than) a double DIN.

8_60_1.jpg

The screen will hang over into the gearstick area, potentially causing problems.

Also, the location for viewing a satnav screen would seem to me to be sub-optimal.

If you actually have a 4C spider (you have posted in the 4C section, I notice) then it's a different story - I can recommend a good alternative unit.
    Previous
    Alfa GTV 3.0, Vela Blue (2003 - 2005)
    Maserati 3200GT, Blue Nettuno (2005 - 2007)
    Maserati GranSport, Rame Ghibli - lowered, FD DBW, ECM, Springs and ProSpeed sports cats (2007 - 2010)
    Maserati GranSport, Grigio Palladio - lowered, FD DBW (2011-13)
    Current
    Abarth 500
    Alfa Romeo 4C