My Christmas Present (to myself)!!

dem maser

Hi guys

I have longed for an Italian V8 ever since i sold my AC

Its not quite a supercar but its definitely a start and it certainly puts a smile on my face when out in it.

Picked her up on Friday and i have done 200 miles in her already, not missed a beat. Some minor paintwork needs doing and the usual GTV indicator self cancelling needs mending but apart from that shes perfect for what i need from her right now.

Silver with black is not my cup of tea but red leather is on the list soon

Shes a late 2002 3.0 V6 with 67k and bought for a good price so im happy

Huge huge thanks to Matt (Conaero) on this one

He found it for me and really went through it in detail making sure i wasn't buying a "lemon"

Thank you so much for your efforts

I get to park in the Ace again so no more walking round the corner to the BMW

IMG_6061.jpgIMG_6061.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6062.jpg
    IMG_6062.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 28

highlander

Nice dem, always had a soft spot for these. Good luck with her and hope she brings smiles like the AC did!

iainw

Hi guys

I have longed for an Italian V8 ever since i sold my AC

Its not quite a supercar but its definitely a start and it certainly puts a smile on my face when out in it.

Picked her up on Friday and i have done 200 miles in her already, not missed a beat. Some minor paintwork needs doing and the usual GTV indicator self cancelling needs mending but apart from that shes perfect for what i need from her right now.

Silver with black is not my cup of tea but red leather is on the list soon

Shes a late 2002 3.0 V6 with 67k and bought for a good price so im happy

Huge huge thanks to Matt (Conaero) on this one

He found it for me and really went through it in detail making sure i wasn't buying a "lemon"

Thank you so much for your efforts

I get to park in the Ace again so no more walking round the corner to the BMW

View attachment 40786View attachment 40786

Looks great - I like the overall look of those and would like to experience what the V8 is like to drive.

conaero

Forum Owner
Glad you like it. Any of you Maserati lot should get one as a play thing. 3.2's (ultra rare) are going ballistic at the moment and the 3L are surging up too. The only one to avoid is the P3 1.8/2.0 JTS....Alfa's attempt to make the legendary Twin Spark 4 pot economical and killing the performance/character in the process.

Cam belts and rear suspension are the items where the money needs to be spent.

iainw

Glad you like it. Any of you Maserati lot should get one as a play thing. 3.2's (ultra rare) are going ballistic at the moment and the 3L are surging up too. The only one to avoid is the P3 1.8/2.0 JTS....Alfa's attempt to make the legendary Twin Spark 4 pot economical and killing the performance/character in the process.

Cam belts and rear suspension are the items where the money needs to be spent.

I agree - would love one. Matt -Excuse my ignorance. Do they do a V8 Spider? Why are Spiders so rare on auto trader - post 2010? I quite like the look of them and as you say would make a great play thing. The 2L versions and Diseaseles would seem a waste of time as a play thing.

dem maser

I agree - would love one. Matt -Excuse my ignorance. Do they do a V8 Spider? Why are Spiders so rare on auto trader - post 2010? I quite like the look of them and as you say would make a great play thing. The 2L versions and Diseaseles would seem a waste of time as a play thing.

The Alfa was only a V6 no V8

The p2 and v6 p3 are the ones to buy but the p3 only came with the newer 3.2 engine and they had a shorter run hence rarer so more money now

conaero

Forum Owner
Iain I think you talk of the 939...the later, heavier with the GM/Holden engines and I am sorry to say, inferior model. Like all the 159/Berra range, over engineered, heavy with an engine not powerful enough to do it justice. It's reasonable enough but really needed the Maserati 4200 lump in it.

916 Alfa GTV and Spider ran from 96-05 and had the Busso V6 all Italian engine which was a peach and its DNA can be traced back to pre Fiat days.

No V8 in this model either nor a diesel. 1.8 & 2L 4 pot Twin Spark an 3 and later 3.2 V6 GTA engine.

iainw

Iain I think you talk of the 939...the later, heavier with the GM/Holden engines and I am sorry to say, inferior model. Like all the 159/Berra range, over engineered, heavy with an engine not powerful enough to do it justice. It's reasonable enough but really needed the Maserati 4200 lump in it.

916 Alfa GTV and Spider ran from 96-05 and had the Busso V6 all Italian engine which was a peach and its DNA can be traced back to pre Fiat days.

No V8 in this model either nor a diesel. 1.8 & 2L 4 pot Twin Spark an 3 and later 3.2 V6 GTA engine.

So the more modern 'spiders' are only 1.8, 2L and 3.2 V6? Did they make them after 2010? I can never find any online. (excuse my alfa ignorance)

iainw

Agree - great looks and vg VFM - especially for the summer.
I have been told off for spending money on cars. Otherwise I would definitely add one in the Spring.

iainw