Auto Italia, Brooklands 2017

GeoffCapes

hope the weather does not spoil this event doesn't look good looking at the long range forecast, global warming might kick bout Friday would be nice dave

It's looking very changeable this week. Good job we have the SM Gazebo if it does rain.

FIFTY

I am only in Guildford so I'll roll out of bed and have a short blast down the A3 to Brooklands aiming to arrive between 8.30-9.00

Need to book my tickets tonight

Look forward to seeing you all there XD

rockits

Just got my helmet for Llandow & Brooklands. Went to J&S Accessories in St Albans and they were fantastic. Very helpful, had hundreds of helmets to try & plenty of time, help & support to find the right one for my noggin. I couldn't have asked for more. Very impressed & happy. Recommended if you have no idea about helmets and need to see/try a few.

I tried quite a few from 40 to 500 quid to get a feel. From plastic, polywhatever to carbon fibre/kevlar ones. They are so different in weigh, fit & quality.

Have gone for a Bell M5X in black which is a carbon lid with double d'ring fastening & nice carry bag. List price is 350 but J&S and others are doing them for 150.

The Bell M5X is ideal for in car use rather than bike use as doesn't have all the features that a biker would want but suits car use much better IMHO.

I went full face as if I never got a TVR or open top & tracked it then it seems many tracks want full face bit open face. If I use a couple of times a year, don't drop it & look after it there is no reason it shouldn't do me for 10+ years.

Scaf

Looking forward to Saturday - fingers crossed for the weather.
I already have a helmet from when I have done a little drag racing in my Mustang.
Rockets - give me a shout if you fancy a cruise over to Brooklands - I am at Hemel

Koisteve

Hallo everyone - Steve - new member here, will try and post in the new members section later, but I'm a bit short of time at the moment.
I have never had a Maserati before but am now the proud owner (2 weeks) of a W reg 320GTA and have my tickets for Auto Italia next weekend. (Would be rude not too, I only live 15 minutes away).
I am really looking forward to this event and will be coming with my son (20 years old). We have crash helmets because we also own a Harley Super Deluxe.
This is a plea for anyone who has a spare passenger seat available, we would surely enjoy the ride, and perhaps I can learn how they should be driven!!
Looking forward to seeing you all there, and thanks to all those making the effort for the Maserati corner.

GeoffCapes

I'm down for the parade lap, but I'm still waiting for my crash helmet to be delivered, not sure if Dem has a crash helmet, but you're more than welcome to jump in with me if the helmet turns up.

rockits

Looking forward to Saturday - fingers crossed for the weather.
I already have a helmet from when I have done a little drag racing in my Mustang.
Rockets - give me a shout if you fancy a cruise over to Brooklands - I am at Hemel
Scaf, plan for us is leaving mine just outside Potters Bar for about 7am ish. Then round M25 getting on at J23 South Mimms. We have a 4200 & a QP with 5 of us.

Where/when you planning to be somewhere? I guess you will drop down M1 to M25?

Dem is coming from Enfield in his Alfa GTV. What's your plan Dem?

alfatwo

Sorry Dem, but three hours down to Brooklands with all that traffic would do my head in, and then you have come back!

Have fun mate.

Dave

MrMickS

I'm not doing the parade lap, not wanting to take any chances of it being too arduous for the car. I will bring my GoPro and windscreen mount if anyone wants to get some in car footage of it and the test hill.

conaero

Forum Owner
Anyone coming remember to chuck a folding chair in the boot, you might want that under the SM Gazebo whilst watching the rain wash the wax off your car.

nickb

Just found out my wife got me a ticket for Saturday as a birthday present. I am hoping to bring the Merak for its first outing - if I can persuade wife and children that it really is a sensible 4 seat family car suitable for long journeys! If not, then QP.

This will be my first time at Auto Italia, which looks great, so a couple of questions. Is it likely that I will be able to get in to park alongside the other Maseratis if I arrive about 8.45am? Do you have to wait until the event finishes at 5 before you can leave?

Contigo

Sponsor
Just found out my wife got me a ticket for Saturday as a birthday present. I am hoping to bring the Merak for its first outing - if I can persuade wife and children that it really is a sensible 4 seat family car suitable for long journeys! If not, then QP.

This will be my first time at Auto Italia, which looks great, so a couple of questions. Is it likely that I will be able to get in to park alongside the other Maseratis if I arrive about 8.45am? Do you have to wait until the event finishes at 5 before you can leave?

Yes tell them that you are part of the SM forum crew and that you want to park with us.

GeoffCapes

You can leave whenever you want.

dem maser

Yes you may leave whenever but try and park in a favourable position if you know your leaving early as sometimes you could get blocked in if your in the middle

GeoffCapes

Yes you may leave whenever but try and park in a favourable position if you know your leaving early as sometimes you could get blocked in if your in the middle

I'll have to leave no later than 3pm anyway, as I have a family bash to get to.