156 breaker breaker...

2b1ask1

Special case
Well my time with the 156 is coming to an end at the end of the month; the MOT is due and I cannot make the mam maths work with a full front & back suspension rebuild and a new engine needed (it ran dry so it's knocking like a brothel!) for the MOT, easier to get a new motor at the moment.

If anyone wants it as a project or parts donor let me know, it has a good set of leather (black) seats, most of the body is in good fettle, good wheels, recent Selespped gearbox replacement (> 40k miles on the box) and much more besides...

So a quick PM would do.

beau

it is a shame they are so worthless, i bought a 2004 2.4 20v jtd a few weeks ago, £70, and its mot'd till march

lisknik

it is a shame they are so worthless, i bought a 2004 2.4 20v jtd a few weeks ago, £70, and its mot'd till march

That is why my white v6 has gone into storage, no way I would sell it for peanuts! ;)

StuartW

Sad times, they're a lovely design and I never thought I would see them bottom out like this

highlander

Sad times, they're a lovely design and I never thought I would see them bottom out like this

Totally agree Stuart. The 156/GT are beautifully designed and deserve to be up there to be appreciated, and the good ones will be one day I think.

Wack61

I love your sig pic beau, the opposite of the picture posed outside a stately home with the owner aspiring to a title when he lives in a semi in chipping come hardy.

GeoffCapes

Totally agree Stuart. The 156/GT are beautifully designed and deserve to be up there to be appreciated, and the good ones will be one day I think.

Two of the best cars I've ever owned (for various reasons).
I bought my Arctic Verde 156 TS when my POS Mondeo blew up on the M25 for 700 quid.
I ran it for two years and all it needed was a battery and two tyres. It help get my company where it is today partly down to two year of trouble free motoring.
I then sold it on eBay for 600 quid.

My 1.9 JTD GT was a car I'd always wanted after I saw one in Italy just after they came out.
Lovely car. Another which was reliable, up until the end when it didn't like starting on cold mornings. Great car, lovely looking. And surprising quick once mapped.

conaero

Forum Owner
Had both 156 SW and GT JTD, both fantastic cars. A little rattly from the front suspension but otherwise superb!

2b1ask1

Special case
Last journey in the 156 to the Bosniwash... SORN this evening! eBay at the weekend.

IMG_3476.jpg