SPORTSALFA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari 412

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    The 365/400 have the original body, with the more elegant boot profile. For the 412 they raised the boot (to increase luggage capacity) but it somewhat spoiled the lines (IMHO). Although traditionalists like the early manual cars with carbs, many (myself included) prefer the fuel injected cars with the auto box, as that combination is a bit more suited to the style of the car and the general wafting about nature.
    I had never noticed the different boot line on the 412 but now you mention it I can see it clearly and it does look slightly ungainly
    Andy

Current Fleet

1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0, 1991 Alfa Romeo SZ,1996 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
    1999 Maserati QP IV
    2009 Range Rover Supercharged
    1983 Raleigh Tuff Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    The 365/400 have the original body, with the more elegant boot profile. For the 412 they raised the boot (to increase luggage capacity) but it somewhat spoiled the lines (IMHO). Although traditionalists like the early manual cars with carbs, many (myself included) prefer the fuel injected cars with the auto box, as that combination is a bit more suited to the style of the car and the general wafting about nature.

You can still pick up something tatty for less than £30k, but it'll cost a lot to get it up to spec. Remember, of course, that it's basically a Daytona in a different suit. £50k is the mark for something useable and smart. £100k is the very best. (Though the ex Keith Richards 400i sold at auction for about £250k a couple of months back, setting a new record for the model).
    Another almost-might-have-been for me....

I was looking for one again, still got the ad pics somewhere I think - the 365 GT4 2+2 version, RHD, for sale in Ibiza, £10k, I dreamt of that drive back but in a rare moment of reality bites decided it wasn't a good idea, living in the rough-end of Bolton as I was. Had recurring nightmares of the Ferrari script on the boot disappearing every morning...

And it was brown too, so that put me off.....

Think I spunked £7k on a 1963 Cadillac Convertible instead, honestly, the **** I've wasted money on......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12