Alfa confirms 'junior' Giulia Quadrifoglio for UK

bigbob

In some ways its appealing but like Maserati, Alfa could not be bothered to engineer it's bread and butter 4 wheel drive saloon for RHD. Strange as at the same time Jag, BMW and Merc are doing the opposite and for years Audi have had quattro. Lazy buggers.

MrMickS

This does look a nicely specced car. A much better proposition than the QV as a daily driver.

The 4WD I'm not sure about. Alfa and Maserati don't have anywhere near the volumes in the U.K. the Germans or Jaguar have so it's a chunk of money to gamble on a potentially small number of sales. Perhaps if they'd brought the Giulia out when the 156 and 147 where in their pomp they might have had more confidence in the market. As it is they need to get the volumes back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbob

The market is brutal, you are either in it or not. I don't mind my special cars being RWD but I prefer my daily drivers to be AWD and that does not have to mean jacked up as well albeit that sometimes suits.

Jaguar tried the volume comment when they attempted to deny making an estate, the market reacted adversely to the comment, they backtracked and an XF wagon is coming to Geneva.

iainw

Nice looking car but 40k is too much for those specs.
A CLA 45AMG is a different class for similar money.
Or a nice GTS if 2 seats is enough...
What do you think Andy?

Andyk

When I saw the price I thought it was a lot .... Then you see the prices they put for the competition and it looks about right. Quick car from the figures but you can get a used a Jag XE for under 40k a V6 and after my experience with my diesel that's what I would have if I needed a 4 seater daily in this bracket. I was at the Alfa dealer in Swindon Monday and I like the Giulia but when I got back in the XE thought it was a much nicer place to be and although looks are subjective it looked sportier, sleeker and more expensive when I walked backup to it peaked next to the demo Giulia. But it you must have an Alfa I ca n see why it would appeal as its the best car they have made for ages and ages. Going to get a test drive to see how it compares with the XE on the road.

casadalloro

Nice looking car but 40k is too much for those specs.
A CLA 45AMG is a different class for similar money.
Or a nice GTS if 2 seats is enough...
What do you think Andy?

Dont know what an 45AMG CLA is like but the CLA200 AMG is terrible....test drove it then the BMW 320i thet i went for... CLA suspension terrible, inside didnt feel special at all, poor to drive and never thought id say it but BMW at a totally different level with drive, trim, looks etc... XE Jag very nice too..

dem maser

The 45 AMG is dofferent, its a proper AMG not just a bodykit one for marketing like they do on every model

I have ordered my Giulia, its in Super spec (speciale was £11 more a man nth and he wouldn't get it for me even when i offered to contribute, you get a lot t more extras but anyway) white with black leather.....can't wait to see the Alfa badge in front of me every day

Contigo

Sponsor
My mate has just ordered a new A45 AMG and with all the options an eye watering £52k!

iainw

Moral of the story is never buy one new :)
They are blisteringly quick (4.5 0-60 and 385bhp out of a 2 litre ) with lots of pops and crackles from the exhaust.
Obviously I preferred the GTs - but comparing like for like- that new Alfa is no where as fast or as fun.
The QV is still their flagship and the reviews look good. Still would never buy it new. Won't be long until it is in the early 40s- the. It would be a bargain