Ferrari 812 Superfast

BJL

So long as it doesn't have availability or 'reality' cues as well.

Does this mean F12 prices will plummet? 599s?

599 prices on the up at about 10 - 15% a year. Used F12 prices now at all time % high for the motor industry at typically 80% of new price after 3 years. 812 will not arrive in the UK until 2nd quarter 2018 with the order books already sold out for first year production meaning if you order now you will get it in May 2019 and typical cost including options easily 300k+. Sad thing is Alfa advertising is all Ferrari this and Ferrari that and 3.9 to 62 and 191 top speed. Why Fiat chose to put Alfa rather than Maserati into the No.2 slot on the performance grid of motor options is hard to understand but one thing is certain, and this is after crawling all over a Levante, Alfa are now a force to be reckoned with especially when the 6C arrives later this year, again from Modena. Remember Modena?..... .....didn't they used to make Maseratis there?

hoyin

Really should have bought a 599 2 years ago. Problem is I really prefer the GTO and therefore can't bring myself to buy a normal 599. Not that I can afford a GTO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classico

599 prices on the up at about 10 - 15% a year. Used F12 prices now at all time % high for the motor industry at typically 80% of new price after 3 years. 812 will not arrive in the UK until 2nd quarter 2018 with the order books already sold out for first year production meaning if you order now you will get it in May 2019 and typical cost including options easily 300k+. Sad thing is Alfa advertising is all Ferrari this and Ferrari that and 3.9 to 62 and 191 top speed. Why Fiat chose to put Alfa rather than Maserati into the No.2 slot on the performance grid of motor options is hard to understand but one thing is certain, and this is after crawling all over a Levante, Alfa are now a force to be reckoned with especially when the 6C arrives later this year, again from Modena. Remember Modena?..... .....didn't they used to make Maseratis there?

This is so on the money. I was thinking the same thing years ago when they brought out the 4C.

Alfa under Marchionne has blossomed while Maserati has been left to slide a few rungs down the ladder.

The Giulia QV for example v the Ghibli S. Performance wise, no contest.

Sad. But then again, if the 6C is as gorgeous in the renderings and with the same engine plant as the Giulia QV, may well be back in an Alfa.

midlifecrisis

Another theory is this, Alfa is after FIAT the next largest selling brand, and therefore a huge cash cow. They sell FIAT based cars with a few extra refineries, sportier engines with go faster stripes and nosier exhausts. Enter in the halo cars like the 8C,4C and now the 6C to whet peoples appetite and further raise the game with a Giulia. Notice how Alfa came out with the Quatrofoglio straight away rather than the base model. People are now comparing Alfa Romeo with BMW, Audi and Mercedes rather than talking about their electrics. Boost the turnover, increase the flow of money in and spend it on the development of the next Maserati. The Levante and Ghibli will bring in some extra too but Maserati will never be the big numbers producer, it failed in the Biturbo era due to reliability issues and a poor quality product. For Maserati to succeed as a flourishing brand in its own right, it needs to be reliable, desirable and sadly in this day and age, environmentally sustainable.

hoyin

150ba335e0006a3878b89dde83abd9a3.jpg
e23f7805bc43541a53a241ec415c385e.jpg
90e762c870991e7b8e16000e17e3806d.jpg

I was in one today. Whilst it was a nice car I didn't feel that it was "new". I felt it was an evolution rather than revolution.

Felt like same old same old.

But I still like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcs

That is worrying about Ferraris as the 488 was an evolution of the 458 and now this - I think they are rushing in to bringing out new models in the fear of Mclaren! Neither of these car's feel new but more like facelifts