GTV V6 Owner Saying Hello

A6C

Hi New to this forum so thought it best to say hello first.

I currently benefit from a (MY 2000) GTV 3.0 V6 Lusso in Met grey with red style interior. This is my 4th Alfa over the years. I regretted selling my old one about 10 years ago so bought one again as a new project.

To date I've spent a **** fortune on the car as it's becoming a passion now.

To briefly list some of what I've done to date then I'll let the pictures do the talking;

Koni Adjustable shocks and Eibach springs all round
Power flexed rear end and new spring pans & dog legs
Wizard exhaust
Equal Length Downpipes
BMC CDA induction kit
Full CUP kit
Wheels refurbished in CUP Silver
Chrome intakes rechromed and engine covers painted in red wrinkle paint
Short shift gear change kit
Full new ICE set up including Alpine speakers head unit and iPod connection
Fully detailed in and out to remove swirl marks and defects
Rear window tinted
Xenon HID Kit and LED mainbeam
Brembo Calipers refurbed new discs and pads all round, Goodrich braided brake hoses
Etc etc

So this is the car on day one, sorry for bad pics but these were ones from the advert and I was I such a rush to get stuck in I forgot to take before pics !!

6D6E02D3-DF72-490E-8F05-6EDCB9DDFEC6_zpse5gi98hb.jpg

3C4C567B-6B8D-4BD5-8D61-79D55F0DBD43_zpsfo2p0zt4.jpg

3088ADB5-3049-4E01-8B52-F0DE8021BB01_zpsfvqem67c.jpg

I won't bore you with the work in progress pics, so I'll jump straight to how she sits today;

Engine bay after a lengthy tidy up

DFA0DE28-3CFD-40C9-AF6F-7B6645C45D9C_zpsbfqd0ijc.jpg

5587A4B3-C334-47E9-BD60-972FA1D61F5C_zpskz0hiqep.jpg

EA2EA1AD-467E-4A19-8AFD-AAFD7099C1CF_zpsxsc8rrd2.jpg

A0370507-AD3D-48E0-B88E-327AB3BAEF82_zpsmua3gjkx.jpg

89315FB4-7714-4BDA-A8CA-FC9E19A330FB_zpsecejinph.jpg

7C9ED60B-349A-4534-A337-077C89A8DDFB_zpsij9ansx0.jpg

This is how she stays in the winter months !

E8C58D38-D68B-4917-A4E2-6541217AFDD2_zpsdyepbill.jpg

So what's next ?

Q2 diff and GTA flywheel / clutch
Genuine set of black mats !
Power flex front end
New electrical aerial (the 2nd one I purchased broke within a month !)
Fix aircon leak

lisknik

Now that is bloody gorgeous!! I have just turned green with envy :) The cup kit looks good in that color. Remap and de cat next?

Welcome to SA, make your self at home, we don't bite.............much ;) Showing at any events this year?

Nick

tess

Stunning...welcome to SA hopefully see you at some events this year....

A6C

Thanks guys. I used to go to some of the west Mids events on AlfaOwner but they dried up sadly.
I'm tempted to take her to a show this year but not sure which to go for.

Any suggestions ?

lisknik

Thanks guys. I used to go to some of the west Mids events on AlfaOwner but they dried up sadly.
I'm tempted to take her to a show this year but not sure which to go for.

Any suggestions ?

Brooklands!!! :) Mitcar and National Alfa Day are close to you this year. Nice Italian car event in Cardiff, BIAMF in Bristol, have a wander throught the events lounge.

Ah, West mids, that means you know my notorious mate Smiffy :)

A6C

Brooklands!!! :) Mitcar and National Alfa Day are close to you this year. Nice Italian car event in Cardiff, BIAMF in Bristol, have a wander throught the events lounge.

Ah, West mids, that means you know my notorious mate Smiffy :)

Is he the chap with the red 147 GTA ?

Alfa Muppet

Very nice indeed and Nick is spot on with the suggestions for meets to go to this year

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your GTV in the metal

A6C

Thanks for heads up the MITCAR and Brooklands are in the diary, sadly I can't make the national Alfa day event.

A6C

Look me up at Brooklands, will be there in the 33 :)

Ha ha will do, got to convince the wife and kids that the 2.5hour trip down in the loud uncomfortable sweat box (her words not mine) is worth it first !!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi and welcome.

Do you have a real name, I am Matt.

You have probably seen my 916 journey thread, they are addictive.

Did my rear ended bush job and have been told not to do the front end as it ruins the ride.

A6C

Hi and welcome.

Do you have a real name, I am Matt.

You have probably seen my 916 journey thread, they are addictive.

Did my rear ended bush job and have been told not to do the front end as it ruins the ride.

Hi Matt

As you've guessed A6C is not my real name, I'm Chris

Not sure what it is about Alfas and the 916 specifically that helps drawing me back to them as they are far from perfect.
I'm even contemplating returning my new Jaguar XE for a old Brera V6 for my daily commuter ! I must be insane !

Re the power flexing I had both the front and rear done on my last GTV V6 and it felt great but the bushes were completely shot so of course it felt better. At the moment the current GTV rides perfectly so I'm not touch the bushes at the front.

conaero

Forum Owner
Chris, I think its the imperfections that give them their soul, my wife as loads of soul :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Chris can you also explain the Q2 real world handling over stock in the GTV?

Considering it but its a lot of money and have to justify it.

A6C

Chris can you also explain the Q2 real world handling over stock in the GTV?

Considering it but its a lot of money and have to justify it.

Probably not that noticeable for the way I drive it however at present I'm quite cautious with thrashing her too hard particularly at low speed and wheels angled as I suffered a diff failure on the previous gtv and conscious it's a weak point.

Probably either off spending the money on some super grippy tyres but it's also peace of mind knowing the diff is uprated.

lisknik

Probably not that noticeable for the way I drive it however at present I'm quite cautious with thrashing her too hard particularly at low speed and wheels angled as I suffered a diff failure on the previous gtv and conscious it's a weak point.

Probably ether off spending the money on some super grippy tyres but it's also peace of mind knowing the diff is uprated.

Apparently you only really notice it at high speed and hard cornering, perfect for track use. Know what diff failure is like, my went on my 156 V6.......on a Saturday lunchtime on the roundabout by Morrisons, thank god for the 4 drivers behind me that helped push me out the way!!! :happy2: