GTV V6 Owner Saying Hello

allandwf

Hi Matt

As you've guessed A6C is not my real name, I'm Chris

Not sure what it is about Alfas and the 916 specifically that helps drawing me back to them as they are far from perfect.
I'm even contemplating returning my new Jaguar XE for a old Brera V6 for my daily commuter ! I must be insane !

Re the power flexing I had both the front and rear done on my last GTV V6 and it felt great but the bushes were completely shot so of course it felt better. At the moment the current GTV rides perfectly so I'm not touch the bushes at the front.

Hi and welcome. Mrs allandwf uses a V6 Brera as her daily. :)

allandwf

Dare I ask what sort of mpg is she getting ?
Hahaha! Not a lot, I look upon it as looking after my job! ( I work offshore.) High teens to low 20s normally. Better than the ML55 AMG she used to use though :)

luckesGTV6

Hi guys,

My 2009 GTV - 25.12 average mpg since I bought it in 2011. I've done 35,600 miles on road, track & demo. runs. Mainly pootling around, as does Matt, :) Never more than 130 mph true groundspeed anywhere.
No limited slip,(what's the point when the front grip is at the limit on track cornering, there's just no extra traction available!) Might be useful on Welsh club runs though. ;)

Parts:
I fitted new rear end sphericals shortly after I bought it as the gaitors had punctured.
Car has only once let me down when a MAF sensor failed on the M5.
Only other fault was the :) airbag light ;) which turned out to be an intermittent short circuit in the wiring for the telepass system for the Autostrada. (Nowt' to do with the seat connector!)

Luvvit, luvvit, Luvvit!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi guys,

My 2009 GTV - 25.12 average mpg since I bought it in 2011. I've done 35,600 miles on road, track & demo. runs. Mainly pootling around, as does Matt, :) Never more than 130 mph true groundspeed anywhere.
No limited slip,(what's the point when the front grip is at the limit on track cornering, there's just no extra traction available!) Might be useful on Welsh club runs though. ;)

Parts:
I fitted new rear end sphericals shortly after I bought it as the gaitors had punctured.
Car has only once let me down when a MAF sensor failed on the M5.
Only other fault was the :) airbag light ;) which turned out to be an intermittent short circuit in the wiring for the telepass system for the Autostrada. (Nowt' to do with the seat connector!)

Luvvit, luvvit, Luvvit!!

What about the upper rad hose that kept blowing :)

Good to hear she's been reliable.

Oh, 2009 GTV???

luckesGTV6

What about the upper rad hose that kept blowing :)

Good to hear she's been reliable.

Oh, 2009 GTV???

I'd forgotten all about that hose pulling off Matt, anyway it was merely a couple of quick vomits the car had last year due to a faulty thermostat (like the MAF sensor it was from one of Alfas OEM suppliers!) :)

The '2009 GTV' is far more serious - a typo!! and so, yes, of course it is a 1999 car! ;)