Llandow overnight stay

Andyk

Best start a list for anyone that will be staying over the night before the track day.

If you can just add your name and then I'll see if I can get the Two Rivers Hotel in Chepstow for £65 as per last time. So it's for Wednesday 26th April with a meal at the Italian in Chepstow in the evening.

Then we meet up in the morning and travel down to Llandow in convoy.

Hotel

Meal

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Can you add me for the meal, but not the overnight stay - I might as well just pop back across the Severn and sleep in my own bed!

Andyk

Hotel
Miles
Andy
Rockets

Meal
Miles
Andy
Me
Rockits
Markmas
WLJayne

Great...added Mark.

WLJayne

AndyG alerted me to this :). I'd love to come along if it would be alright - even just to watch, see the cars and put names to faces. My folks live near Abergavenny so I could drop in to stay with them over the weekend.

Andyk

Hi, we would love you to come along. There are places left on track as I am still short. It's £99 for the day. Let me know if you want a place and I'll send you payment details. Thanks.

WLJayne

Ah just had a look at the Llandow site, so it's a experience day type thing yes? Sounds brilliant! Feel free to send me the details, I'll have to check what we're doing though as we're going away that week but we haven't made any firm plans yet. Would be great to join you for the meal in Chepstow too.

Andyk

It's a private run track day for the forum members and their cars. I have been irganising them for a number of years now for SM. Pay your 99 turn up and enjoy your car in a safe environment with liked minded people. It's invitation only as we keep it to people we know will drive respectfully as we have seasoned track day goers and first timers. We have lots of experience going that can give advice and coach on the day. It's a lot of fun and Llandow is a great little track which doesn't take long to learn.

WLJayne

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying. Well although it'll be a slug compared to everything else, it would be fun to put the sporty Punto around and drive a little more exuberantly than I have before. Alright let me think it over and I'll get back to you.

WLJayne

Hahaha wouldn't that be something! Well this is looking like a go for me, the boss (me) has very kindly let me take the day off and Her Ladyship is happy to let me borrow the Fiat while she takes the blue tratter to work for a day or two ;). I've had a look at the circuit and it looks like a pretty ideal first track day. I was in college a stone's throw away in Llantwit Major ten years ago, very fond memories of the area.

I'll stay with my parents in Aber, looking forward to meeting you all. Who's driving what? If could ride shotgun in a QP for a lap, it would make my year.

rockits

I took the QP last year so it will either be the manual 4200 or the Alfa GT this year I think.

WLJayne

Would love to see the 4200 or the Alfa! I've been looking at the Brera Prodrive edition as a step in the right direction toward a Mas.

I better do some work on the Fiat. Needs a wheel alignment - last week's MOT showed offside front edge close the legal limit, and we only had a full set of Pirelli Zero Nero's put on last year so something is really naffed! I should have spotted it. Also need a new glowplug relay. It's a good excuse to do some long overdue work anyway :).

Andyk

Great you are coming along...Plenty of Maseratis coming that I'm sure will give you a few passenger rides....We have a Tesla, Aston Martin V8 Vantage to name a few more...and a few VX220 and Lotus Elise.

Always liked the Pro drive Brera in V6 form the 2.2 is just gutless though.