Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde (aka quattrofrommagio) is here!

urquattrogus

Picked my Giulia QF up on Saturday. It's not your average spec with yellow calipers and black paintwork:

View attachment 42305

It also came with the "wrong" wheels due to a f**k up by the dealer when ordering... but I actually prefer them now over the ubiquitous teledials.

Having previously owned a GT-S it's not really surprised me.

It's as comfortable and cossetting as the GT-S in Normal mode.

However, stick it in Dynamic (or, if you dare, RACE) mode and it's a totally different animal to the GT-S. The turbocharged motor really pushes hard past 4,000rpm and the handling is in a different league.

Of course, the infotainment is also light years ahead.

You certainly don't get the sense of occasion you get with the GT-S and the engine lacks the drama and character.

It's a very exciting car to drive. I really like it and feel very lucky to use at a daily... something I couldn't do with GT-S.

That looks awesome! Darth Vader Spec!

Another video released today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-4c6E77obs

MikeyMaser

Looks great Mike. Which dealer was it? If it was the York one we've had patchy dealings with them.

I test drove at the York dealer as that's closest to me but they were really slack following up. So, I ended up going to Piccadilly in K'boro where I got my Giulietta from.

philw696

The more I see of the Alfa I'm loving it.
There's no way they would have beaten the Germans a few years ago fur sure.

StuartW

Very nice, so much better looking than the other cars in it's class for sure - have fun!

Andyk

Followed a red one down M4 from Swindon this afternoon. Coming up behind me I didn't think it looked mean enough but then that may have been because of the rear view mirror but when it got by the side if me and went past it has soooooo much presence hunkered down on the road...from the rear three quarters it was just purposeful and looked so much better than the M3, Audi and AMG's....Alfa has got this just right...Certainly made me want one. Very lovely indeed.

iainw

Oh really!! :lol2:
I liked it the minute i saw it, shame its plasticky inside but yes for looks its sexy

I think it looks great in black.
I like the carbon interior and steering wheel etc.
They really should have made slightly more of the seats- especially the back seats look v dull.
Put in some harnesses contrasts stitching, and colour contrasted stitched headrests Please Alfa

urquattrogus

A few thoughts after having mine for 2 weeks and 550 miles.

I've enjoyed the exhaust permanently on open like in race mode, a nice bark to it but no drone on the motorway. The only real downside is that tractor like startup sound for about 20 seconds on cold start up, but I've had other cars that are similar.

Leaving the car in Dynamic and auto can be a lot of fun as it really bangs down the gears by itself, making all sorts of noises.

I like driving it in "manual" on the paddles too, although I find 2nd gear is so much shorter than I'm used to compared to another ZF8 car I had. It's also hard to judge where the rev limiter is, the engine is very smooth and doesn't change note that much at the top of the rev range. As a result it just use 3rd more and lean on the torque.

The handling, steering and ride continue to be a revelation, and the acceleration is also plenty savage enough for me!

Its a great car to drive at night, the dials light up in a nice way and the lights are really good.

This car is probably the easiest to speed in car I have ever driven, the power combined with the relative refinement can catch you out! I manage to drive a the C63 and RS6 more accurately to speed limits somehow.

It might also be due to the fact that the alfa's speedo has a ridiculous scale where 30mph and 60mph are right at the bottom, i think it's in even increments to 200mph, unlike the Germans which have different increments higher up the scale?

This is sorted by using the digital speedo, but sometimes you want to use that for other stuff such as nav.... The digital speedo also dissapears in race mode! Not ideal!!!

Other concessions are that it's only a 4 seater and you can't put the seats down, a bit of a shock if you're used to a hatch or estate.

Overall I'm loving it!!!

hoyin

ddd7200ba08ec349ac649c2def986850.jpg
8fbf35276dca36139acf891d02521e50.jpg

I think the way the sat nav is integrated is really well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peters

Evening Gents, at a juncture - do I go for a GT Sport or a Quadrifoglio. Approx £60k budget. Appreciate the QV will be much quicker with better handling, but most of driving will be in the Home Counties and London. From what I gather you have to be really gunning in it in the Alfa for full appeal, whereas the Maserati will be charismatic even at low speeds what with the engine noise. Anyone switched to the Alfa and have any slight regrets. Thanks

urquattrogus

I've never owned a GT, but the QV does the wafting luxury thing, smooth ZF box etc very well too. You most certainly don't have to be gunning it. It feels supple yet agile at all speeds. With the exhaust flaps open the sound is also pretty great.

hoyin

Evening Gents, at a juncture - do I go for a GT Sport or a Quadrifoglio. Approx £60k budget. Appreciate the QV will be much quicker with better handling, but most of driving will be in the Home Counties and London. From what I gather you have to be really gunning in it in the Alfa for full appeal, whereas the Maserati will be charismatic even at low speeds what with the engine noise. Anyone switched to the Alfa and have any slight regrets. Thanks

I don't think you need to be gunning it at all.

I thought the Alfa handled better. The suspension was better, the gear box was like a Merc. Just click click 8 gears. A bit boring for me. I like a more involving drive which the Maserati gives.

The noise only came out in race mode which was a shame.

That or a GTS MC Shift?

GTS MC Shift every time. The Alfa at £60k new will depreciate like a stone. Whilst it looks fairly nice it doesn't look like a GTS.

And everyone loves a Maserati. The only thing people really know about Alfas is they used to rust as soon as you drove it home.

However if you want a 4 door car .... I would take an Alfa over everything else. But only because I am a bit mad.

iainw

I don't think you need to be gunning it at all.

I thought the Alfa handled better. The suspension was better, the gear box was like a Merc. Just click click 8 gears. A bit boring for me. I like a more involving drive which the Maserati gives.

The noise only came out in race mode which was a shame.

That or a GTS MC Shift?

GTS MC Shift every time. The Alfa at £60k new will depreciate like a stone. Whilst it looks fairly nice it doesn't look like a GTS.

And everyone loves a Maserati. The only thing people really know about Alfas is they used to rust as soon as you drove it home.

However if you want a 4 door car .... I would take an Alfa over everything else. But only because I am a bit mad.

I would agree with hoyin. If the Alfa didn't start off so expensive and was likely to depreciate significantly it would be worth a punt. I seriously thought about one.
Get a really nice GTs fully specced for 50k, spend 2-3k on exhaust mods and save the 7k change for the next upgrade :)

Contigo

Sponsor
I don't think you can compare the two cars, one is a rapid saloon with ok looks and the other is a GT car with stunning looks. Price wise new there was no comparison too. Do you want to blend in or stand out? If it's the latter get the GT/S