Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde (aka quattrofrommagio) is here!

urquattrogus

15 minutes of my own work and I have the race mode sound in all modes.

There are also people who can code it to come on in Dynamic mode, as well as race.

Different cars really....

zagatoes30

You can't compare the QF with a GTS they are different in just about every way. The more I see and hear about the QF convinces me to that I want one, just need them to come in line with my piggy bank

SPX

Why oh why did Alfa only put two seat belts in the back but with a bench for three people?

I don't see the logic in it at all; either put a centre console running in between the two outer seats or just find a middle seat belt!

mondie

Why oh why did Alfa only put two seat belts in the back but with a bench for three people?

Yes there seems to be no reason for this that I can see. I am really keen on the QF but I think this poor decision will keep me in a BMW. the appeal is that its a rapid family car but when there is 5 in your family, and the car was designed as 5 seater, it's just a wtf decision :beat_brick:

2b1ask1

Special case
It is an Alfa thing, they do it in the Mito, low spec has two seatbelts only in the back, high spec gets the third and an activated belt warning light with it. Unfortunately although it is an easy retrofit your insurers won't take kindly to it.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I can remember when VW launched the passat CC that only had 2 belts in the rear. Within a year they changed to 3 belts.

SPX

Yes there seems to be no reason for this that I can see. I am really keen on the QF but I think this poor decision will keep me in a BMW. the appeal is that its a rapid family car but when there is 5 in your family, and the car was designed as 5 seater, it's just a wtf decision :beat_brick:

And yet Alfa put a third seatbelt in the rear of their two door GT:1389:

urquattrogus

Brief update on this car. I'm now 6300 miles in and nothing has gone wrong.

The only real irritation is an overly sensitive alarm that goes off in the rain.

I'm still in awe of just how good it is to be honest. The handling and ride is great for any occasion, and the engine now seems to feel markedly stronger and just so fit and flexible.

I'm off on a trip to the south of france in a couple of weeks time, can't wait!

Some pics, albeit rather average ones:

wet.jpg

southend.jpg

lemans.jpg

Attachments

• wet.jpg
    wet.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 87
  • southend.jpg
    southend.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 85

bigbob

It was actually an optional extra to have the middle rear belt on an A7, so you at least got the choice!

I'm sure Alfa will see sense before long...

Not initially, I tried to order one early doors and they would not play.

P R

RE the alarm, on Alfaowner there is much comment on this, and you can request the dealer turn the sensitivity down if you want...

iainw

They are holding their value well at 55 ish. Ghibli S's dipped more in their first year.
I still give you 6 months before you are selling it and buying something else. Bloody nice car though. All things to all men. Would love to be able to justify having it as my sensible car.

urquattrogus

They are holding their value well at 55 ish. Ghibli S's dipped more in their first year.
I still give you 6 months before you are selling it and buying something else. Bloody nice car though. All things to all men. Would love to be able to justify having it as my sensible car.

I don't see myself getting bored with this for a very long time. I reckon I'll have it for 3-5 years easily. I was driving along the other day and thinking I could have another one later on if they continue to develop it.

It certainly feel exclusive too.

I wouldn't swap it for anything else without spending perhaps a third to a half more, even then, maybe not, it's ideal for me.