Classic Alfa Duetto Spider

maseratimike7

Hi,

Does anyone know where is the best place to search for a Duetto project car?

I have seen plenty for sale that have been restored but I am looking for something I can sink my teeth into and requires a lot of work.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

Hi,

Does anyone know where is the best place to search for a Duetto project car?

I have seen plenty for sale that have been restored but I am looking for something I can sink my teeth into and requires a lot of work.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Mike

Got a great Sprint if you want a project?

C

maseratimike7

Thanks but looking for a spider ideally. I prefer the pre 1970 versions which is the problem!

CatmanV2

What's up with the Sprint?

It needs to go to someone to love it and use it. Right now it's sitting in a container on a farm. No rust, it was resprayed shortly before going into storage. Good engine and box.

Good interior. I have a stack of spares as well, including rear seats, wheels, front screen and tailgate with Zender

C

lisknik

It needs to go to someone to love it and use it. Right now it's sitting in a container on a farm. No rust, it was resprayed shortly before going into storage. Good engine and box.

Good interior. I have a stack of spares as well, including rear seats, wheels, front screen and tailgate with Zender

C

Wish I had the cash, my 33 taking all my spare cash up again at the mo, will put the word out at my aroc meet this weekend.

highlander

C
What are you looking for it?

urquattrogus

Thats a super rare super valuable GTC convertible!

Unless the roof has just been chopped...

Spider wise I actually quite like the S4 for the money, if you can't get a 60's one then they seem nice for 10-12K.

maseratimike7

Thanks guys,

I have managed to find a stored 1966 duetto spider which is completely original.

The owner still wants £16k despite it needing new sills, rear arches, interior retrim, engine rebuild and spray job.

Do you think this is steep even for a series one in this condition?

I can do all the work to restore it apart from major welding.

maseratimike7

Thanks for the advice on prices Dave.

I was just looking at the current market values for a complete car and thought about £13k would have been a fair offer but ill suggest £10K is more realistic!