Ferrari 355 GTB

StuartW

Agreed, it looked great when it was launched and still looks a peach today. Like the Granturismo, it just looked right straightaway and another classic Pininfarina design

allandwf

It is also small compared todays offerings,which I feel is a good thing. There were many at recent Ferrari celebrations at Knockhill, seeing them parked next to the newer stuff just showed how good it was/is. Not a single 348 was to be seen which I found strange as other than the door vents and a few bumper changes it looks much the same.

Andyk

100% agree Andy.....A clean shape...beautifully proportioned ... Not fussy like today's Ferraris.....Arguably the last pretty Ferrari maybe.......Beautiful.

philw696

Agreed Beautiful and we're cheap when I was buying my 360 Modena 4 years ago.
Only thing that swayed me was the rust issues they suffer with.

zagatoes30

The more I think about it, short of a serious lottery win, the more I think I need to start saving

alfatwo

There too old Andy... if you've come to terms with fixing that lovely Quatroporte of yours, can you imagine the costs of sorting that thing.. think second mortgage's and living in a bedsit!

Dave

dem maser

i was offered a 355 in Blue with tan in 2008 when i purchased my 3200 for only 10k more than my car but i went with the 3200.....now a good 355 is 80k ish

Love them and would buy one if i could

StuartW

i was offered a 355 in Blue with tan in 2008 when i purchased my 3200 for only 10k more than my car but i went with the 3200.....now a good 355 is 80k ish

Love them and would buy one if i could

Wow, that would have been a good deal but I know you had fun in your 3200 too and no doubt the running costs were less than the 355 would have been

Jono

Ftech,who incidentally did a splendid job on my QP 1V(Ewan blue!),have a delightful unspoiled Indy in the shop.Hugely underrated in my humble.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BuckRog64

As a previous owner of a F355 have to agree with you all. Properly compact so usable on any road and the last Ferrari designed to have a proper manual box that click clicked through the metal gate.

Hewbie

lucky enough to have owned 2 of these! first was a silver manual with blue leather! was gorgeous! wish I had never sold it!

second was a rosso F1, f1 did not work in these cars very well!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
As a previous owner of a F355 have to agree with you all. Properly compact so usable on any road and the last Ferrari designed to have a proper manual box that click clicked through the metal gate.

Was it? I thought the 550 was the last manual change.

dickyb

The 599 was the last car available with a manual gearbox, only around 30 cars were sold with this option, 20 for the USA & 10 for Europe.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The 599 was the last car available with a manual gearbox, only around 30 cars were sold with this option, 20 for the USA & 10 for Europe.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't give them away in manual. Everyone went for the F1. Now the manuals are worth a small fortune.

Team GCR

There were also some 612 manuals and I have seen at least one manual California here in the UK.