12 V Plug for Trickle Charger in California Boot

iainw

Does anyone have or previously owned a California?
Trying to work out if the boot has a 12v point to plug my CTek Charger into.
It was so simple in the GTS :(

Team GCR

I can't answer specifically for the California but if it didnt come new with the battery conditioner the plug probably isn't there. My 360 didn't have the plug but it was easy enough to connect one. In my case connected to the electrics behind the passenger seat. I am sure if you speak to a good Ferrari indi they will guide you. Give Tim Walker at Wakersport a call, he is very similar to our own RG.....

iainw

Fantastic - thanks mark- appreciate your detective work. I spent ages googling without success.
Will try it out this am!

iainw

I found the panel- but it has an odd shaped plug in the I haven't seen before... not a simple 12 v cigrarette lighter

iainw

Will do mate when I get to computer (unless someone could tell me
How to attach from iphOne?)

I think I have found a ctek to Ferrari adaptor online - for 45 pounds - expensive plug!

CatmanV2

Will do mate when I get to computer (unless someone could tell me
How to attach from iphOne?)

I think I have found a ctek to Ferrari adaptor online - for 45 pounds - expensive plug!

Or just mail it to yourself from the phone?

C

CatmanV2

It does. Seen that plug before but damned if I can recall when (except I suspect someone had a similar question) Its probably simpler just to bite the bullet and buy that one than try saving a few quid to make one

C

iainw

Really good link mate thanks. I had just ordered one from eBay- so if it doesn't work I will try this guy. I couldn't find any prices on his website though...

Fingers crossed it works and I can avoid any of the silly electrical faults that an ruin your day/ week/month..

CatmanV2

Who needs a 'charger connected icon'? I mean what sort of complete witless moron would drive their car away from the connected charger? Not once but twice? I mean *seriously*!

C

iainw

Wow that's cheap. I just paid 43.50 for the adaptor.. and Ferrari charge 259 for the 'bespoke' charger! All for a 2.59 plug...