Supercar Saturday, Castle Combe, 28 October 2017

Alfa Muppet

Good idea bringing a Barby queue Mr Muppet. ;) Hope your lad finally had his passenger

The BBQ was an inspired idea considering the weather! I'll let you guys know next year if I bring it, you can sling a sausage or burger on it too!!

Josh got his ride in the 603hp Evo and was a happy boy in the end

Great day out and thanks for organising it again. Sorry your day didn't go quite to plan!

luckesGTV6

Ouch! Which particular laws of physics did you lose to?

C

From memory it is when the sum of the total weight on either axle times the coefficient of friction between tyre and road becomes less than the centrifugal force acting through the centre of gravity divided by (the wheelbase over the distance to the centre of gravity to either axle) divided by 2 Or summat similar. Its been yonks since I had to do such work! (edit) Yeh, yonks, the 'divided by 2' should be after 'centrifugal force' Mr Contigo put it in a nutshell and far more accurately! :)

Appreciating the commiserations guys. Fortunately I have a doner car so a setback rather than disaster.

I wonder if anyone will notice if I change the subject?

Heres the Maserati in the public car park I couldn't post earlier. :)

DSCN8460.jpg

FIFTY

I had a look at that spider. The black interior looked immaculate so I peaked at the odometer and it only had 7k miless on it. Shane the rear bumper was cracked!

Phil H

We had to leave at lunchtime but we had a cracking morning. Many thanks to the organisers for making it happen, and to the Italia folk for their excellent company.

A few more pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

7a.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

PH

Andyk

There are a lot of non super cars there for a Supercar Sunday.....Maybe needs a name change to performance car/Supercar Sunday. Looks like a great day.

philw696

It merely suffered minor flesh wounds during retrieving a glove thrown down in challenge by the laws of physics. (I sorta cribbed some of that from Monty Python). :)

A little time with a clay bar later today and no-one will ever know. Im afraid the moistened sponge someone suggested at the time proved inadequate.

View attachment 45913

Oops was it Quarry Corner by any chance ?

philw696

There are a lot of non super cars there for a Supercar Sunday.....Maybe needs a name change to performance car/Supercar Sunday. Looks like a great day.

I did it one year a long time ago in my Celica GT4 ST185 Rally car as there were too many Maserati going to do it and they asked if I could bring something else and it was before I had a Ferrari on the fleet.
I remember the day well as took Andrea for a spin and had a Major spin meeting Matt coming towards us in his first GS full chat.

luckesGTV6

Oops was it Quarry Corner by any chance ?

Too right Mate!
Cripes it's unusual for the back end to strike like a Mamba in a bend - on a FWD GTV!!. Fighting the usual battle with power understeer the previous couple of laps
(excuse the very false Oz accent I cant do Maori)

Many contributing factors (excuses) for the prang but, in my mind, major that they persuaded me out of my request to do the sighting laps before taking a passenger onboard. BAD! The driver should be king IMHO! Anyway if there's any sort of fall out the banter's all captured on my video cam. :)
Been racing at 'Combe since the late 50's so I should know my way around the circuit by now - but she's a fickle mistress and two others also went off at Quarry during the day. :(

Very much in agreement Andy but I guess looking from the Charities point of view they need a profit and like many other 'Supercar' event organisers they hype up the presentation. A bit 'tongue in cheek' in my view but I recollect seeing a Noble, a nice Lambo, a McLaren and 3 Ferraris, one of which was on our display thanks to Mr BJL.

It was a great day and the association with the forum guys made it special, as did the weather.

philw696

I too know Combe well and I still managed to write of my Mk1 Golf Gti rally car on that corner after many laps around there.
I had to reshell her for the second time.
Joys of Motorsports.

luckesGTV6

From the Stroke Association :)

Dear Car Clubs

Thank you so much for being part of our Supercar Saturday event this weekend. We had our best year yet and raised over £14,500. We appreciate your clubs being there on the day and hope your members had a good day.

Photos from the day will be uploaded onto our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/strokeassociationsw) within the next few days.

Thank you very much for being part of the day.

All the best

Amy

spyderbags

I had a look at that spider. The black interior looked immaculate so I peaked at the odometer and it only had 7k miless on it. Shane the rear bumper was cracked!

The interior may pass for a 7K car but unfortunately the paintwork gives it away as the 79K car that it is, it's covered in stone chips. It does get well used though.
The cracked bumper was a case of me thinking I knew better than the parking sensors!!

FIFTY

79k and your ashtray script is still intact??!!

The only blemish I could spot in there is there he skip forward button on the stereo... was it restored at some point or does everyone who gets into your Spyder have to cut nails back first?

luckesGTV6

;) Pat yourselves on the back guys, (tricky) here's an extract from another squawk from the organisers, just arrived.

The bit you’re waiting to know is the amount raised, which has beaten even the record amount raised last year. The total raised on the day for circuit rides and the Bristol Motor Club Autosolo event is £14,506 . With a proportion of the gate money yet to be calculated and added, we can reasonably expect the total raised to be well over £15k. A superb result and close to a practical maximum I suspect.

Hey Mr SPYDERBAGS your car would have looked the part on the forum display. How about next year?