ALTON Italian Car Breakfast Meet

Maser Sod

Matt, you can put me and the missus down as a possible - the 4C needs a spin, not driven it for weeks.

Sommi

1. JonW

2. FIFTY

3. Conearo

4. Sparts

5. Redsonnylee

6. Hurricane52

7. Sommi

I am in. After a loooong time. And that's because kids don't have classes on that Saturday due to Easter break.

I am near Guildford. I do not know the nice way to Alton. So would very much like to the join procession to hoon all the way to Alton and wake up every man, dog, p*ssy cat, woman, gender neutrals, et al with some melodious Maserati music.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

JonW

Excellent - I’m looking forward to this.

I’ve been looking at ways to get there, and for those heading down to Alton from Surrey (so Kingston, Epsom, Guildford), an interesting option might be to stick on the A3 for a bit longer, go through the Hindhead tunnel (which would be awesome in a convoy of Maserati’s) and then cut across country to Alton...

conaero

Forum Owner
Matt, you can put me and the missus down as a possible - the 4C needs a spin, not driven it for weeks.

Blimey, it’s Pat, where you been hiding?

No worries a catch up it is at this event.

Jon, tunnel run sounds like a blast I’ll sort something nearer the time.

conaero

Forum Owner
1. JonW

2. FIFTY

3. Conearo

4. Sparts

5. Redsonnylee

6. Hurricane52

7. Sommi

8. Maser Sod

9. Adam Blake

JonW

I’m doing a dummy run today - just because I haven’t driven my GTS for a few weeks.

A3 all the way down to the junction with the B3006, then take a right, and drive the B3006 through Selborne straight into Alton, and to the Departure Lounge...

conaero

Forum Owner
Right, date cleared with the mothership, I’ll be there at the start, May detour North of the tunnel and meet you guys.

Contigo

Sponsor
Will try and make this if we are back from the North, be good to give the GTS a run out.

JonW

All

Does anyone else fancy trying to sort out a convoy for this next Saturday?

Depending on where people are coming from, for those coming from the North / East of Alton I suspect the easiest meet points are garages / junctions along the A3.

A possible easy starting point could be the big BP garage a couple of miles after the M25 junction (I think it's called Wisley South?)... Alternatively, if it works for anyone else I could meet at the Cobham Services on the M25, or further along the A3 towards London (Tolworth, Chessington, etc..)

We would then maybe need a pick up point close to Guildford (any suggestions from those who live near Guildford), and maybe one more just before the Hindhead tunnel if any of the folks coming from the South / West if Alton want to detour across and help us make some noise?

Sommi

I suggest Guildford Cathedral

Stag Hill, Guildford GU2 7UP

https://g.co/kgs/fJ1bS5
It's easily accessible just after Guildford and just off A3. Easy to find and group up.
It's great place for photos too and The Omen was shot there.

Time?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

JonW

JonW

What are people’s views on timings?

Having never been to an event like this, I don’t know when it would be best to get there for?

conaero

Forum Owner
I may try and meet you there too, tunnel on the way down?

[video=youtube;LO3KlIShoHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3KlIShoHo&sns=em[/video]

Must admit I’m the same when I go to Urbys