Spider (916) roof cover not latching

MrMickS

Well, after a few weeks we have the Spider back and its running well. There is one issue though in that the roof cover isn't latching so this is causing issues with the power roof. I've done various manual operations of it to reset but it seems that whatever causes the hooks to pull the hood down when open isn't operating. I've done some searches that suggest that I should check the fluid reservoir in the cubby hole behind the seats but was wondering if anyone else had any tips/ideas.

MrMickS

Fixed it. The wires to operate the latches was loose. Quick turn of the mechanism behind the seats and all is good.

Now need to work out why the alarm gives three short rapid beeps after locking it.

MrMickS

Answering all my own questions today. Should Google before asking. It thinks something is open so I'll need to check the various sensors. I suspect that the one for the space behind the seats isn't working properly.

conaero

Forum Owner
Just seen this yes, I used to carry a rubber mallet in the cubby box, one swift wack on the motor and it frees. If you adjust them so they have a little play it works better.