Could I have some opinions from experienced owners...

outrun

Thanks Ewan. Agree it seems more useful. The Cali is a good compromise at the moment and I like the look of the 458 - but that is especially impractical. What does your friend like about it? I think I need to test drive one , but the reviews I have read really suggest its a very comfortable weapon. I love it from the front, and its not too bad from the back - but cant convince myself re: the side on view at the moment

article-2571715-1BE05BCD00000578-688_634x392.jpg

You'll need a Labrador. Let's face it, there are more beautiful cars, the GTS/Stradale for one but none are v12, 4WD, proper 4 seat. hatchback supercars. For all that, I can forgive the fact that the shape has to accommodate all that.

rockits

If you sold your fleet mate you would be able to! But then you would have to deal with your wife I presume...
I could indeed but I like the mystique of having a multiple variety of cars. Also that none of them are worth more than 30k. Always keeps people guessing & wondering about me. I don't like being too easy to work out. Besides I am not sure a Ferrari of any kind suits me.

iainw

View attachment 45593

You'll need a Labrador. Let's face it, there are more beautiful cars, the GTS/Stradale for one but none are v12, 4WD, proper 4 seat. hatchback supercars. For all that, I can forgive the fact that the shape has to accommodate all that.

The strad certainly is great looking and there are some nice ones around at the mo. Why doesn't a car exist with the looks of the strad and the acceleration and build quality of the FF

iainw

I could indeed but I like the mystique of having a multiple variety of cars. Also that none of them are worth more than 30k. Always keeps people guessing & wondering about me. I don't like being too easy to work out. Besides I am not sure a Ferrari of any kind suits me.

How do you choose which one to drive Every morning?

philw696

One life live it.
Glad I ticked the Ferrari V12 itch off as my first one.
Was a Great experience and worked out cheaper than my 360 Modena dabble.

rockits

How do you choose which one to drive Every morning?

Various processes. Not all are always taxed each month so that always limits options. Depends where I'm going is next....if a customer then mostly not a Maser. If I have to take tools, kit or other gear or collect stuff is another.

I have to say I reach for the XC90 keys more than any as it does cover more bases than anything else. Doesn't do the sports bit so well though.

rockits

I don't go out into the big wide world every day either so limits the options further.

rockits

Will do Dem...the steels for the garage are being delivered Weds & doing the truss/roof works this weekend so garage will hopefully be finished for winter. Some time in the garage it seems over the winter!

Wack61

If I were in your situation I'd keep the Cali and buy the Alfa Giulia, I like different , the M3 might be a better car but it's just another BMW nobody will notice, you can't use the performance on the road unless you like prison food so having something rare appeals to me.

I'd think the depreciation and running costs on the FF if you put 15-20,000 miles on it over 3 years would be the purchase price of the Alfa

bigbob

If I were in your situation I'd keep the Cali and buy the Alfa Giulia, I like different , the M3 might be a better car but it's just another BMW nobody will notice, you can't use the performance on the road unless you like prison food so having something rare appeals to me.

I'd think the depreciation and running costs on the FF if you put 15-20,000 miles on it over 3 years would be the purchase price of the Alfa

+1.

You will drop £15k+ on the FF just in margin on day 1. Personally I like more cars than less. Sure the FF will be amazing (I've driven an F12 on a Ferrari hospitality day at Gleneagles and that was epic) but drive the Alfa normally and the Cali in the summer and that would do me.

MrMickS

Only half the cylinders though. There's something about a Ferrari V12.

If my French venture starts to pay off this is the way that I'm looking to go with my DD. Its about the same size as the Ghibli so, with cameras, shouldn't be any more difficult to park. Running costs will be up, but that's expected. As long as you're in the first seven years though it should just be consumables, the service costs being covered by Ferrari. I'd be looking a blue rather than black though.

toady

Am a big fan of the FF (big fan of breadvans actually, previously owned a Z3m Coupe) and see it as a natural step up from the GT...if money was no object. 650bhp and cart the family/shopping around, seems sensible to me!

iainw

It had crossed my mind - good call.
It just seems a little bit extravagant to have a 6 figure 'fun car' and a 55k 'daily supercar'. I just have the man illness of wanting to try out lots of cars.
The other option is an RS4 as a daily and Keeping the Cali.
Good point about depreciation. Crazy world isn't it when you can 'lose' a 50k car over 3 years :/

iainw

Only half the cylinders though. There's something about a Ferrari V12.

If my French venture starts to pay off this is the way that I'm looking to go with my DD. Its about the same size as the Ghibli so, with cameras, shouldn't be any more difficult to park. Running costs will be up, but that's expected. As long as you're in the first seven years though it should just be consumables, the service costs being covered by Ferrari. I'd be looking a blue rather than black though.

holy **** is it as big as the guilia?
I just could not park or Manouvre it. I know, lame, but I have to be honest with myself. For some reason I thought it was smaller than the GTS

GeoffCapes

I know mark! really impressive stock. I like their yellow 458 too.
Question is - how on earth do I get a pass from my wife... she already thinks I am nuts...
Would be good to catch up , so more excuse to go.

Let me know when you're going! :happy2:

MrMickS

holy **** is it as big as the guilia?
I just could not park or Manouvre it. I know, lame, but I have to be honest with myself. For some reason I thought it was smaller than the GTS

Its 4.9m long and 1.95m wide. The Ghibli is 4.97m long and 1.94m wide. So its a whole 7cm shorter than the Ghibli, which is pretty much the same size as far as I'm concerned. I was surprised how big it was when I saw one for the flesh for the first time. Its not surprising when you think of it as the successor to the 612 which wasn't a small car either. I think that its because its a 4 seater rather than a 2+2.

Wack61

It had crossed my mind - good call.
It just seems a little bit extravagant to have a 6 figure 'fun car' and a 55k 'daily supercar'. I just have the man illness of wanting to try out lots of cars.
The other option is an RS4 as a daily and Keeping the Cali.
Good point about depreciation. Crazy world isn't it when you can 'lose' a 50k car over 3 years :/

RS4 again is just another Audi from a looks point of view plus the criminals seem to be fond of them, a guy I knew bought one, he only had it a few weeks, came home to a caved in front door but he had the keys with him , he lives well out of the way so it looks like they followed him home, sold it after that

Something else to bear in mind with the FF is the service and warranty situation, being a 2012 car if it was registered Jan 2012 it's only got just over 14 months left,, the're attractive to buyers because they come with peace of mind for 7 years, not sure I'd want to be the one testing used values at 7yrs 1 month with no free Ferrari servicing and warranty

iainw

RS4 again is just another Audi from a looks point of view plus the criminals seem to be fond of them, a guy I knew bought one, he only had it a few weeks, came home to a caved in front door but he had the keys with him , he lives well out of the way so it looks like they followed him home, sold it after that

Something else to bear in mind with the FF is the service and warranty situation, being a 2012 car if it was registered Jan 2012 it's only got just over 14 months left,, the're attractive to buyers because they come with peace of mind for 7 years, not sure I'd want to be the one testing used values at 7yrs 1 month with no free Ferrari servicing and warranty

Agree re the Audi. I don't think the servicing deal will be too much of a problem. To me a 2010- Ferrari is still modern, and it certainly hasn't affected the 430 prices etc. The ff is a different stratosphere of car so I can't see them dropping to 5 figures anytime soon. The 612 just seems ancient in comparison. The warranties aren't cheap which is a good point. 3.5k/ year. If you didn't have one and something went bang it would rock most people's world Remind me why I modified my GTs then sold it... :(

ChrisQP09

FF is a solid motor, covers all bases and shouldn't lose much going forward!

Keep the Cali and go for a C63s