Could I have some opinions from experienced owners...

Contigo

Sponsor
I think you are mad but in a great way. The FF despite being fugly as is a lovely motor and a rel practical car. I'd imagine you would get rid of the cali though too so it's a decent replacement.

BJL

Epic car in every way with great spec but history is critical and something you can easily obtain from a dealer. Not only service dates etc but all listed issues will be on file. 2012 cars had a few issues that were mostly software and by now almost certainly dealt with.

MPG is around 15 in town and 19 on a trip at best. Plus yearly manufacturers warranty now available for upto 12 years old at around 3.5 k per annum. Annual service is around 1500 but the engine is bullet proof if properly maintained.

Essentials are;

Privately owned only from new.
Main dealer service only with all receipts showing advisories.
12 months mechanical warranty from seller
No accidents that needed recovery.

Depreciation is a tricky one as it's already about 10k over priced but mileage and spec sort of make up for that but if it had 30k on the clock today and you wanted to trade it you wouldn't get over 120k even with all the goodies.

The consensus is they have bottomed as few Lussos are coming in at much under 300k and the FF at half that price is not a bad call.

Long time dead

iainw

FF is a solid motor, covers all bases and shouldn't lose much going forward!

Keep the Cali and go for a C63s

I heard one on the way home today mate (C63S) - its an option. I like them. It would need to be the right one though

iainw

Epic car in every way with great spec but history is critical and something you can easily obtain from a dealer. Not only service dates etc but all listed issues will be on file. 2012 cars had a few issues that were mostly software and by now almost certainly dealt with.

MPG is around 15 in town and 19 on a trip at best. Plus yearly manufacturers warranty now available for upto 12 years old at around 3.5 k per annum. Annual service is around 1500 but the engine is bullet proof if properly maintained.

Essentials are;

Privately owned only from new.
Main dealer service only with all receipts showing advisories.
12 months mechanical warranty from seller
No accidents that needed recovery.

Depreciation is a tricky one as it's already about 10k over priced but mileage and spec sort of make up for that but if it had 30k on the clock today and you wanted to trade it you wouldn't get over 120k even with all the goodies.

The consensus is they have bottomed as few Lussos are coming in at much under 300k and the FF at half that price is not a bad call.

Long time dead

Thats really helpful thank you - from someone with experience.
I could take a 20-30 k loss over a couple of years for sure - but 50 would concern me!
The truth is - they would sell a lot more of these if they would offer fair trade in value. They never do, it pisses me off and makes me not want to deal with them!
I agree it seems a lot of money - but when an old 430 costs 6 figures - the modern FFs with their beast of an engine and all the goodies seems like a bargain

Wattie

It had crossed my mind - good call.
It just seems a little bit extravagant to have a 6 figure 'fun car' and a 55k 'daily supercar'. I just have the man illness of wanting to try out lots of cars.
The other option is an RS4 as a daily and Keeping the Cali.
Good point about depreciation. Crazy world isn't it when you can 'lose' a 50k car over 3 years :/

Just a thought if you want to try out lots of cars.
Why not join something like this

http://p1international.com/club

Perhaps a very cost effective way of
you scratching many of those itches.....

Cheers Wattie

Andyk

The FF is probably the only Ferari as would consider owning...Love them...Yes looks are an acquired taste but practical....if you can call 15 mpg Apa practical car.....Lovely car Iain ....but too black that one for me but a I know that's what you love. Far more presence than the California for me as well.

Andyk

The FF is probably the only Ferari as would consider owning...Love them...Yes looks are an acquired taste but practical....if you can call 15 mpg Apa practical car.....Lovely car Iain ....but too black that one for me but a I know that's what you love. Far more presence than the California for me as well.

Dick Lovett have three and all around the same price. Prefer their black one and it has rear seat entertainment as well over the other. Plus you get that domain dealt back up.

http://www.dicklovett.co.uk/ferrari...odel[Ferrari][]=FF&finance[]=price&type[]=Car

iainw

Just a thought if you want to try out lots of cars.
Why not join something like this

http://p1international.com/club

Perhaps a very cost effective way of
you scratching many of those itches.....

Cheers Wattie

I would like something like that... but no prices on the website and I bet you have to live close to Canary Wharf for pick ups and drop offs. If it wasn't for the epic 'hassle factor' I agree it would be a good idea.

iainw

Dick Lovett have three and all around the same price. Prefer their black one and it has rear seat entertainment as well over the other. Plus you get that domain dealt back up.

http://www.dicklovett.co.uk/ferrari...odel[Ferrari][]=FF&finance[]=price&type[]=Car

Agree Andy that is nice- and rear seat entertainment a big plus for the little one..
Just typically more expensive, older and higher mileage than the one at VVS!

MrMickS

Reading that P1 International website they do have a membership where you put your car on their books, not sure how that works for Insurance purposes, you then earn money/points when members borrow your car. They are touting up to £30k/year but I guess that's if you have a Veyron, Enzo, or similar ;)

Contigo

Sponsor
And the timing is just not quite right but I remain very convinced that I will be in one in a year or so.

iainw

When you break at these numbers and deals down.... they all seem ludicrous even if your Salary can support them.
These posts are all supportive of Bob's strategy!
Everyone who sees the Cali says I am insane to consider changing it. Reluctantly, I think they are right.
The supercar club seem a little richly priced- but it could work if you threw your car into the mix!

I am suprised a few like minded people haven't set up their own personal one- surely the insurance situation wouldn't be too difficult to navigate