Could I have some opinions from experienced owners...

outrun

It's my favourite car and a definite shoe in for my daily when the lotto numbers drop. Actually, it's probably buy the new Lusso version.

Utter love.

rockits

If your loaded buy it.......if your not your nuts. Nobody in their right mind would run something like this as a daily unless they were loaded or bonkers or both. However loaded people will still be unlikely to run this as a daily as there are better daily's are there not.

iainw

If your loaded buy it.......if your not your nuts. Nobody in their right mind would run something like this as a daily unless they were loaded or bonkers or both. However loaded people will still be unlikely to run this as a daily as there are better daily's are there not.

To me a daily = daily enjoyment - not driving 25,000 miles a year up and down a motorway.
My commute to work, school drop offs etc is short day to day. I could probably get it to 5,000 miles a year.
It depends what you mean by loaded. No family money / lotto win, but I am earning well at the moment. Enough that the petrol etc wouldn't bother me.
The only worry is how much the price would drop I suppose. Its much more practical for me than a 458 for example- I could enjoy it with my family, and wouldn't the V12 kill it for noise and speed. I hadn't considered it until I watched Chris Harris's review!

Does anyone have experience of it as a regular use car? Would it be the mileage /price drop that would worry most people?

D Walker

If I remember right I think BJL (Or someone like that has/had one)

DW

Edit - Now I think on it may have been a 612, allthough I am sure someone did a thread on going from a GS to some such Ferrari..

GeoffCapes

VVS are just down the road from me so give me a shout if you're going to have a look.

The only problem you'll have if you do go and look is the fact that they have loads of great cars!

MrMickS

Needs a yellow rev counter. The red doesn't really work for me.

I'd run one as a daily. I'm certifiable though.

alfatwo

Can you imagine trying to parallel park that thing quickly on a busy street without causing any damage!

Dave

rockits

I can offer no help at all as sit in a completely different financial universe. I cannot remotely get close enough mentally to be anywhere near the point of thinking about having this lovely car as a daily.

iainw

VVS are just down the road from me so give me a shout if you're going to have a look.

The only problem you'll have if you do go and look is the fact that they have loads of great cars!

I know mark! really impressive stock. I like their yellow 458 too.
Question is - how on earth do I get a pass from my wife... she already thinks I am nuts...
Would be good to catch up , so more excuse to go.

iainw

Needs a yellow rev counter. The red doesn't really work for me.

I'd run one as a daily. I'm certifiable though.

arggghhh mick. You have set off my ocd. You are right. It was all working so well.... my visual neglect was missing the '1' in front of the '149' and I was liking all the options. I love the yellow contrast vs the black

iainw

I can offer no help at all as sit in a completely different financial universe. I cannot remotely get close enough mentally to be anywhere near the point of thinking about having this lovely car as a daily.

If you sold your fleet mate you would be able to! But then you would have to deal with your wife I presume...

Ewan

A friend of mine has one and has used it regularly (as a daily, alongside a Range Rover). Absolutely loves it, so much so in fact, he now has a Lusso on order as a replacement. At 5k miles or so per year it's not a daft thought at all - that's not much more than one good two week European summer holiday to (and around) Italy and back. Way more useful than a Cali or a 458 etc.

iainw

A friend of mine has one and has used it regularly (as a daily, alongside a Range Rover). Absolutely loves it, so much so in fact, he now has a Lusso on order as a replacement. At 5k miles or so per year it's not a daft thought at all - that's not much more than one good two week European summer holiday to (and around) Italy and back. Way more useful than a Cali or a 458 etc.

Thanks Ewan. Agree it seems more useful. The Cali is a good compromise at the moment and I like the look of the 458 - but that is especially impractical. What does your friend like about it? I think I need to test drive one , but the reviews I have read really suggest its a very comfortable weapon. I love it from the front, and its not too bad from the back - but cant convince myself re: the side on view at the moment