Lamborghini Countach Euro-trip

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Cracking video, this is part 1 of 3, what a life!

[video=youtube_share;TB7_YZMqOWw]http://youtu.be/TB7_YZMqOWw[/video]

Ewan

Makes you want to buy a Countach and set off. The sound, simplicity and physicality reminds me so much of my first Diablo. I'm sorely tempted to buy another, but can't help but think that the market will drop in 18 months when the Brexit debacle plays out. That'll be the time to buy.

ofenomeno99

Makes you want to buy a Countach and set off. The sound, simplicity and physicality reminds me so much of my first Diablo. I'm sorely tempted to buy another, but can't help but think that the market will drop in 18 months when the Brexit debacle plays out. That'll be the time to buy.

If thats the case, this is when I'll be the proud owner of an MC Stradale :D

alfatwo

You should just do it one last time Ewan, your a long time dead!

Dave

safrane

Looks like Harry takes the same route as I, although I stay overnight in Grenoble. His timing is also similar to mine, first week after the main summer holidays in Sept and benefit for clearer roads and far cheaper hotels.

Two years since my last visit... must do it again soon.

Ewan

If thats the case, this is when I'll be the proud owner of an MC Stradale :D
I don't think the Strad will be hit too hard, as it's not crazily priced in the first place. A decent Countach, on the other hand, is at least half a million, and a late Diablo at least half that - so both have more room to fall.

MrMickS

Not sure that Brexit will hit the prices that much. Chances are if there is a worry then that will reduce the value of the pound further so UK prices will maintain their level even if worldwide prices drop. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong of course.

MrMickS

I took pretty much that route down to Cannes last year. Stayed overnight in Grenoble and took the backroad around to Gap before dropping onto the Route Napoleon. It was a fun drive, until for some reason we ended up trying to drive through Grasse in the rush hour. Nightmare.

MrMickS

Don't forget if you go to Grenoble now you have to have a sticker showing how polluting your car is. Its about €4.50 and lasts the life of the car, but its another thing stuck to the windscreen :(

Navcorr

Use the London pad as my starting point. Still leave at 04:00. and takes 12 hours.

Arriving in plenty of time to rest, refresh and a slap-up meal at Mrs Miggins pie shop.
Ever considered Lyon instead? I know it's not everyone's favourite destination but it has a wonderful centre (Presqu'ile) and an hour shorter trip on day 1. Just a thought.

Contigo

Sponsor
I did that route down last year but stayed in Dijon instead which is very close. Harry makes some great videos!

The noise in the countache at crusing speed would be wearing so not really the life!!!

Give me a roadster or GT car anyday to go that distance.

safrane

Arriving in plenty of time to rest, refresh and a slap-up meal at Mrs Miggins pie shop.
Ever considered Lyon instead? I know it's not everyone's favourite destination but it has a wonderful centre (Presqu'ile) and an hour shorter trip on day 1. Just a thought.

Yep been to Llyon too... in fact it was the last city that me and my ex French partner lived in for a while, near the Zoo and Maserati dealer.