New Giulia Veloce

mchristyuk

So 16k miles, 2 years, £12500.

Yep that's about right. Though I have one eye on buying it out at the end of the 2 years if it continues to impress me like it currently is. Cant think of a better every day sporty car that captures the Italian stuff we love whilst still being practical and sensible.

Mark

iainw

You can also (or could before Xmas) get some stunning deals on them... List price of mine with the options was £50 shy of £40k. Ended up getting £5k knocked off, then a £2.5k dealer contribution and on a 0% PCP.. so £260 a month it's costing me.

Mark

Bloody ****.
o% apr and 7.5k off.. they are desperate to shift alfas. they are lovely looking cars - thats a fantastic deal

rockits

Is it me or does that still seem like a lot of money? I'm sure I own, run, depreciate 10 cars on less than that. I haven't done the exact numbers but it can't be far off.

Andyk

It us a great car but you still don't see many on the road.....Could explain why they are doing deals. Depreciation is step already but then isn't that the way with all Alfas. This is only the beginning of their resurrection so we can't expect miracles I suppose. The only on that seems to be holding up better is the Ferrari engine one.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
There’s a gorgeous grey / yellow calipers and stitching quadrofoglio in my local dealer. It has a windscreen deal of £5k in and £750 / month. No clue on the details, but it was a lovely thing. The inside felt higher quality than I remembered from the one a few of us looked at in Horsham last year. I liked it very much indeed.

zagatoes30

Seen a few now and they have grown on me a lot, the 280BHP Veloce is a great car and if it wasn't for the QF it would be one of the most powerful Alfa saloon cars ever. Supply seemed to be an issue but both Giulia and Stelvio now seem to be showing up on the roads and I know quite a few Alfa owners who have all taken delivery in the last month or so.

conaero

Forum Owner
Similar situation with wifey who wants a used Fiat 500X. We know the issues at the factory and I've told her to wait and get a new one as there will be some silly finance deals and last night hey presto, it started Fiat Mirror with CarPlay TV advert.

Fiat 500X Mirror 1.6 E-Torq 110hp
47 months @£179
Initial rental: £4,296k
48 months
6k pa

Total owned: £12,888

You will struggle to get a used 2 year old one for that and it wont have the extra bits neither:

- Top of the range Uconnect™ 7" HD Live with high-resolution touchscreen
- Compatible with Apple CarPlay™ and integrated with Android Auto™
- DAB Radio
- Bluetooth
- USB and AUX in
- Special edition Mirror badge
- 17” Matt black alloy wheels
- Bi-Xenon headlights
- Satin chrome inserts on tail lamps, fog lamps, logo bezel, side mouldings, tailgate handle

They are a very descent car, Damo drives one (as well as a F599) and loves it.

mchristyuk

Bloody ****.
o% apr and 7.5k off.. they are desperate to shift alfas. they are lovely looking cars - thats a fantastic deal

To be fair the market is terrible at the moment and EVERYBODY is desperate to shift cars... so it's a buyers market...

Mark

conaero

Forum Owner
Indeed Eb. The 1.4T is the better engine but the 1.6 E-Torq is descent enough for wifey.

outrun

I'm tempted by a Veloce when my Volvo lease runs out in the summer. I had a wee look and there are deals to be had on leasing at places like Mangolesti.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo/new-car-offers/giulia-20-veloce/

I'd need more miles but you get the idea. That's £8314.50 over 2 years which seems palatable.

The trick is find a stock car with better spec (I'd need the performance pack at least) and get a deal on that.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I'm tempted by a Veloce when my Volvo lease runs out in the summer. I had a wee look and there are deals to be had on leasing at places like Mangolesti.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo/new-car-offers/giulia-20-veloce/

I'd need more miles but you get the idea. That's £8314.50 over 2 years which seems palatable.

The trick is find a stock car with better spec (I'd need the performance pack at least) and get a deal on that.

Yes, but only 10,000 miles in total, it's nothing is it? less than 100 miles a week.

Ewan

A friend of mine has just sold his Giulia Quadrafolio. He took delivery of it (new) last May, as a cost (I imagine) of about £65k. He's not used it much since then, maybe 2 or 3k miles. He's had the supplying dealer now sell it on his behalf, and I believe the amount returned is about £55k. The £10k loss equates to about £7.5k in depreciation and £2.5k in selling commission. I'll leave others to decide whether that represents good or bad value for money.

D Walker

Gets a good write up and thumbs up as a fleet car in Evo this month. I guess you really need to look in another 2 years to see residuals compared to ze German equivalent.

iainw

A friend of mine has just sold his Giulia Quadrafolio. He took delivery of it (new) last May, as a cost (I imagine) of about £65k. He's not used it much since then, maybe 2 or 3k miles. He's had the supplying dealer now sell it on his behalf, and I believe the amount returned is about £55k. The £10k loss equates to about £7.5k in depreciation and £2.5k in selling commission. I'll leave others to decide whether that represents good or bad value for money.

I think thats comparatively great value - and minimal losses for an alfa. Compare that to a well specced Ghibli.... it would have been more than double that as a minimum don't you think?

outrun

I think thats comparatively great value - and minimal losses for an alfa. Compare that to a well specced Ghibli.... it would have been more than double that as a minimum don't you think?

The Quadrafiglio seems to be holding value remarkably well. I hope that shows a change in the history of 2nd hand Alfa values. In a way it's a shame as for £20-30k, I'd have one as a daily and that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon!

I was going to pick up a petrol Ghibli again but I'm properly leaning towards a Veloce. If I can get 0% on a car with the colour and spec that I'd like, I suspect I've made my choice.

iainw

The Quadrafiglio seems to be holding value remarkably well. I hope that shows a change in the history of 2nd hand Alfa values. In a way it's a shame as for £20-30k, I'd have one as a daily and that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon!

I was going to pick up a petrol Ghibli again but I'm properly leaning towards a Veloce. If I can get 0% on a car with the colour and spec that I'd like, I suspect I've made my choice.

Would agree with all your points!
Would love a Qv as a daily but agree it seems to be bucking the trend at the moment.

Wack61

Well after 3 Maseratis I needed something more sensible with 2 kids.. and fell in love with the Giulia Veloce after a test drive. Picked up yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. Absolutely love everything about it.. however I do miss the sound of the V8.. maybe in a few years I'll manage to get into a Quad, but for now this does everything I want and looks and drives brilliantly. Also despite some trepidation the dealer has been excellent. From order to pick up they couldn't have done more for me. Fingers crossed this continues!

View attachment 47459
View attachment 47460
View attachment 47461
View attachment 47462
View attachment 47463
View attachment 47464

Mark

Everything about that car is perfect , stunning

Doesn't sound bad until you look at it as about £3 a mile for 3000 miles or £5 a mile for 2000 miles or £250 a week over 10 months :eek:

It makes me wonder why he'd buy one if it's getting used so little but I suppose if he's anything like you mo always landed on a different car :D