SPORTSALFA
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 916 Spider

Went with a Cybox in the end. It arrived a couple of hours ago. Fitting tomorrow

I couldn't resist the power hood despite all of the horror stories. Sure enough it happened to me but that's part of owning it, fixing it when it goes wrong. It was much easier to fix than I thought to be honest. I am dreading a hydraulics fault though. That wouldn't be fun.
    2015 Ghibli S
    2001 Alfa Romeo Spider Lusso

Previous cars
    Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir 170, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti, Alfasud SC 1.5, Willys MB (1942)

Enjoying your videos -was looking at options which included a QP and a Spider before I bought the GS,
    Whats the collective opinion on these - my missus fancied the abarth Fiat thing, but I'm more inclined towards this, is the hood on these powered - not mentioned in add I think,

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=yo73ar&page=3

Yes it's powered on those. Mrs Allandwf uses a 3.2 Brera, coupe version, as her daily and loves it. The Alfisti look down on the engine as it's GM derived and not the legendary Busso. It is still quite capable
    60/75 Sadly now sold.

Cheers Al,
    Would be a daily for wife!!!

I followed one at the weekend on the AROC Dales Run. They do look nice, a little more refined than the 916 but bigger all around too. It was a 2.2JTS but still had a turn of speed.

https://youtu.be/SjcqfAQMOvo

I'm still happy with the 916. Just need to get my exhaust fitted. Why is nothing simple with this car?
    2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars
    Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir 170, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti, Alfasud SC 1.5, Willys MB (1942)

A bit more on the exhaust. The issue is that my twinny is a CF3 and not a CF1/CF2. The exhaust is designed to bolt on after the cat and replace the first silencer. Unfortunately in the CF3 this is a single piece so I now need to give the pipe dimensions after the silencer so that Cybox can supply me with an adaptor to bolt on. That's this mornings job.

In the meantime here's the second video from the AROC Dales trip: https://youtu.be/A3WlVqm5u7E
    2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123