GranSport Grille

Vampyrebat

Looking for a GranSport grille. would prefer the darker mesh to match the rear bumper mesh but would also go for a chromes-l1600[4].jpg

safrane

ES or Main dealer.

The black chips easy, But BMW Black is a perfect match to touch it up.

Corranga

Is the mesh metal and can it be detached from the surround?
I'd be tempted to get it powder coated if it chips easily. I have a shiny stainless steel one on the front of my Elise which is powder coated black (the shiny on the Elise looks terrible) 6 years in and it still looks perfect, and only cost me something like £30 to have it coated too.

Vampyrebat

I maybe wrong here, but I thought you could get them with the mesh anodized the same as the mesh to the rear bumper, as you say Peter the black chips and looks awful.
Yes Chris the grille is steel and can be detached so could go down that route. Really looking for an extra grille. My original plastic horizontal slatted grille is fine but I have had the car for 2.5 years now and it's the second time I have had to take it out and use a 'Back to Black' formula which is a bit of a PITA!

conaero

Forum Owner
I simply resprayed mine with Satin Black aerosol, it was fine.

I even went the other route and stripped it all back off again (it was black originally) with a mild paint stripper and then polished the bare ali and it came up like chrome.

No need to buy a new one.

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

Vampyrebat

The Chrome looks much better on your old GS Matt (IMO) but I fear would look too much on my GA colour
maserati-gransport-c781801082016053437_6[1].jpg
Hmmmm...........Don't know now...........Not too offensive!!

conaero

Forum Owner
The only negative about the chrome grill is the Trident gets lost and works better on a black mesh.

safrane

Agree with Matt on that one.

My avatar shows my 4200 with a black GS Grill and splitter.

IMG_20180504_162752.jpg

Vampyrebat

Looks very nice Peter, I would also like a GS splitter as I think it brings out the protruding grill even more!

safrane

The splitter can be bought separately for not too much.

it is a faff to fit but worth it IMO.

Vampyrebat

I'll start looking for one of those also! It's a PITA to fit, really??!! How stupid, you would think that they would make them with the same fitting components. I'll start sniffing around after the BH.

Panicracing

Just noticed this post, only sold my chrome GS grill last week to a chap with a red 4200 face lift, £130, was on a FB forum. Had been sat in my unit for about 3 years as fitted the black grill and I was having a clear out.

Vampyrebat

That will be my FB buddy Ian Wooldridge!.............He contacted me last week asking about if the fixings were the same as he had just acquired one. Looks great on his car!............I tried to get him to join the forum

jasst

Just noticed this post, only sold my chrome GS grill last week to a chap with a red 4200 face lift, £130, was on a FB forum. Had been sat in my unit for about 3 years as fitted the black grill and I was having a clear out.
Bu***r, missed out on that, is that a Maserati forum?

Panicracing

Bu***r, missed out on that, is that a Maserati forum?
Long time no see James, FB page is Maserati Coupe Spyder Gransport owners and fans, nothing special but check out a chap in Malaysia, Achik Deen, great laugh mate. Never realised you were after a grill, sorry on that one, wish I had a few more now.