Anyone near woking and could help me out please?

iainw

Hello all Southerners basking in the sun.
I have constantly been amazed at the knowledge and
Community spirit of this forum (barring rare outbursts).
There is a car I am close to purchasing in Woking, after some failed
Attempts to negotiate fair prices on others. It's a private sale but good service history and provenance etc.
Is there anyone around that neck of the woods who could pop in and look it at for me? Just take a few pics on comment on overall state of leather and body work etc? No inspection or particular engineering knowledge expected - if it's a go- I will book it in for a health check and buy. I wanted to get it looked at by AV - as I have been very impressed with their communication and knowledge - but the seller won't take it anywhere except his local MD.

Thankyou.

outrun

And we all know what’s in Woking! Martin, perhaps you know a factory insider that can get a proper tech to inspect.

Sommi

Hi Iain and Martin I live in Woking and happy to help if needed. Can accompany Martin if he is coming this way.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

iainw

Hi Iain and Martin I live in Woking and happy to help if needed. Can accompany Martin if he is coming this way.

Thanks a lot all of you - really appreciate it. I am waiting to hear back from the vendor and will let you know when he is available. Really appreciate it, as the car looks amazing in terms of spe- but he hasn’t sent many photos..

midlifecrisis

Didn't know that, if you want to come along fine, but will you be in your QP?

iainw

The vendor has said he is not available this weekend.... he musnt really want to sell it!

Sommi

That's a pity. May be he is having second thoughts as the car must be good value.
Well at least I can start drinking now .

Sommi

Martin if you ever pass by here or want a mini meet up near Guildford let me know.
Always up for a pint or two.

FIFTY

If you need three people on the case then I live on the Woking side of Guildford and I don't mind helping out (nothing better than poking around a used fezza) - Although perhaps a gang of petrolheads in loud Maseratis turning up will scare off the seller lol

iainw

If you need three people on the case then I live on the Woking side of Guildford and I don't mind helping out (nothing better than poking around a used fezza) - Although perhaps a gang of petrolheads in loud Maseratis turning up will scare off the seller lol

That would be funny! 3 maseristi turning up. He would either hide- or drop his price until you left