Spider 916, Centre Console Removal.

ppospo

Hi guys, anybody know how to remove the center console?

I just want to change the bulbs.

If any pics are available, it would be great!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Panos, Greece

luckesGTV6

Hi Panos.

Lots of ageing brittle plastic to remove to get to the instrument lights so is the work a necessity?

If so, from memory, here's how to do the job.

1. Remove radio unit from panel.
2. Carefully remove gear lever gaiter by releasing the press stud on the top and then pulling up gently the silver plastic surround which I think is secured by 4 integral hooks clipping into the tunnel top - You may need to use a credit card or similar soft tool to try to disengage the hooks.
3. Lift off the gaiter assembly.
4. Pull off the surrounds on the 3 heater control knobs. (These can be stubborn so push on the centre and pull on the rotating part with one hand)
5. Remove the 2 philips head screws at the bottom of the silver centre panel and pull the bottom out (the top of the panel locates in a recess)
6. You now have access to the central instrument cluster and heater controls by removing the screws holding them in where the bulbs need changing.

I think that there are 2 sorts of miniature bulb units used (black and brown, the latter being for the warning lights from memory )
Reassemble in reverse order not forgetting any wires you disconnected. I did this job about 6 years ago on my car as it had a few dead bulb units.

Best of luck and be gentle to the plastic!