Scottish Italian car day

Corranga

Ok, so as I'm now the proud owner of a 4200 Coupe GT... I can confirm I'll still be on the Fiat stand with my blue Panda 100HP.

I'm in the process of sorting out the Maserati, and it won't be taxed until next month. Plus I'd already committed to taking my daily.

So, if you see someone getting out of a sporty looking dark blue Panda, come say hi!

Chris

McMase

I was thinking of making the trip down to get a good look at some maserati's as I'm interested in one for my next car but have hardly seen any in the flesh!
Is there likely to be any there outwith the confirmed handful on this thread?

Needamaser

I am now doubtful for this. May have a spare hotel room if anyone needs one in Perth for the Saturday night.

bigbob

Ok, so as I'm now the proud owner of a 4200 Coupe GT... I can confirm I'll still be on the Fiat stand with my blue Panda 100HP.

I'm in the process of sorting out the Maserati, and it won't be taxed until next month. Plus I'd already committed to taking my daily.

So, if you see someone getting out of a sporty looking dark blue Panda, come say hi!

Chris

Sounds good, what did you buy colour/gearbox etc?

Corranga

Sounds good, what did you buy colour/gearbox etc?

I'm still working on the massively confusing (to me) Maserati naming policy and forum etiquette ;)

So, it's a 2004 face lift manual 4200 in Silver with black leather !

Officially, it seems to be called a Maserati Coupe GT.
This seems to have confused my insurance company, who call it a 4200.
I think confused.com (or another insurance website) had the "car type" listed as "turbo" which I thought was interesting.

Also GT seems to be used to mean Granturismo on here sometimes, which of course even more confusingly can have a 4.2.

:thumb1:

Chris

CatmanV2

I'm still working on the massively confusing (to me) Maserati naming policy and forum etiquette ;)

I think confused.com (or another insurance website) had the "car type" listed as "turbo" which I thought was interesting.

Also GT seems to be used to mean Granturismo on here sometimes, which of course even more confusingly can have a 4.2.

Chris

We don't have any etiquette. ;)

Typically Maserati refer to both the 3200 and 4200 as Coupes

More normally we refer to the early, boomerang bedecked, twin turbo 3.2l powered car as a 3200
The later, 4.2l naturally aspirated car is referred to as a 4200.
If it's a manual: 4200 GT
If it's the Cambiocorsa: 4200 CC
Later still: Gransport.

So I'd call yours a 4200GT. The insurance company have *no* idea :)

Typically we'd call a Granturismo just a 'GT' so a 4.2 GT (like mine) of a 4.7, then MC-Shift, Stradale and so on

C

bigbob

Chris

Yep Coupe GT is what it says on the glovebox for your car - I had a red one a few years back. Will watch out for it when I am in Dundee. Did you have to go far to get it?

highlander

I was thinking of making the trip down to get a good look at some maserati's as I'm interested in one for my next car but have hardly seen any in the flesh!
Is there likely to be any there outwith the confirmed handful on this thread?

Hi. Last year we had about 7 confirmed and 13 turned up. Worth coming along since you get to see everything from a 32 through to an MC strad and if we are lucky, we might see the lovely Sebring that came last year too. Still your best chance to see masers north of the border in a group I'd say.

bigbob

Hi. Last year we had about 7 confirmed and 13 turned up. Worth coming along since you get to see everything from a 32 through to an MC strad and if we are lucky, we might see the lovely Sebring that came last year too. Still your best chance to see masers north of the border in a group I'd say.

I was one of the 6!

gingeh721

****, I'm in Sweden till the weekend after. I enjoyed this last year. Although I no longer have the Masser any longer it's still nice to look at some cars.

I hope it all goes well.

highlander

You're in luck then, looks to be fine sat and Sunday.
****, I'm in Sweden till the weekend after. I enjoyed this last year. Although I no longer have the Masser any longer it's still nice to look at some cars.

I hope it all goes well.

That's a shame but can't really say Sweden is a poor second! Enjoy and catch up another time mate.

Corranga

Yep Coupe GT is what it says on the glovebox for your car - I had a red one a few years back. Will watch out for it when I am in Dundee. Did you have to go far to get it?

Didn't have to go far at all - it was near Kincardine!

Actually... I didn't plan on getting one until next year. I went to see the project 4200 in Edinburgh (the green £7k car on autotrader) thinking if it wasn't too bad, I could save it, I liked the dark green in photos and red leather was my 2nd in line colour. When I got there I instantly didn't like the green, and the red seemed a little incomplete somehow (I think I don't like the red / black combo) then on the way home called about the one I ended up buying.
I knew I didn't want a silver car, and didn't want black interior, but if it was close, I figured I could have a look and get to know them a little better, possibly drive it. I got there, loved the way the combination of sun and silver enhanced the curves at the back. Condition seemed good (it's not mint by a long shot, but it's fine for now) Got in it, loved how classy the black looked, perhaps I was looking for a silver/black car after all...!
And that was my Maserati day. Go out planning a possible cheap project car, view 2 4200GTs in one day, but the one that isn't so much of a project :S

Chris

highlander

Weather forecast looking good for tomorrow so should be a good day. Pietro advises to enter at the carnie fruit farm entrance and we will be directed to the Maserati area - sounds like the same slot across from the lancia area as last year which was good being right at the entrance of the show and close to the amenities.
Still to wash and prep the old girl so plan to head down to Perth hotel around 2ish after that and will see anyone convoying just before 9 tomorrow morning at Perth service station.

Stewart

If weather stays fine hope to get there, fingers crossed, bit cloudy today but it's a bit warmer, not so good St Andrews.image.jpg

highlander

Prediction for 13 (counted as scorchio in Scotland ;)) and dry tomorrow in Cupar so turn your car the right way up and come along! ;)