The Good Morning Thread

lisknik

Morning all, cracking little mini meet down at the Fox last night, will sort some pics out tonight, got back a bit late last night.

Daryl good of you to pop in in the Merc on the way back, appreciated mate :)

Alfa Muppet

Morning all, cracking little mini meet down at the Fox last night, will sort some pics out tonight, got back a bit late last night.

Daryl good of you to pop in in the Merc on the way back, appreciated mate :)

No worries mate, always try to support, was blooming knackered though - good turn out too

conaero

Forum Owner
Afternoon all. Down in a place called Rye think it's Kent.

A very classy seaside town with the family staying in an old Oast House.

Been zooming around all week in the Spider absolutely loving it!

She has developed a couple of squeaks. One in the NSR suspension I am told its spring pan bushes, looks like a polybush job over the winter and the clutch is creaking. It's pretty new so some lube will sort that I feel.

Apart from that she's Bob on!

Alfa Muppet

Morning all - need to bleed the brakes on the Q4 as the peddle's going soft until depressed a few times - hope it ain't the master cylinder !

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning all on the beach at Camber Sands.

Muppet I had a similar thing on the Spider turned out to be sticking caliper pistons. Get yourself some cheap hose clamps off eBay any clamp off the front hoses and see it that sorts it. Then remove one and recheck. Then do the rears too. If it's the master cylinder the two circuits control the diagonal pair...NSR and OSR are paired as are the OSF and the NSR. It will become apparent pretty quickly where your issue lies if bleeding does not sort it.

Have you got Brembo's on the front..they are classic for piston seize as is the rear adjusters on Alfa rear calipers. Basically work them free.

Alfa Muppet

Hi Matt

I'll give it a go, although I suspect the brake fluid is very much past its best and I remember the rear drivers side caliper was a bit sticky a year or so ago when changing pads

The bean counters at Fiat put Girling single pot sliding callipers on the 164, the 90 had twin pot Brembo's !!!! Will add a big brake upgrade to the list at some point

lisknik

Morning all, three day working week for me, long weekend going to Silverstone Classic again :)

Anybody want free entry, but without your car my passenger tickets are spare :)

tess

morning guys, back in work after a fab week off, had a bit of a duel with a new Volvo and a pensioner driver, he was tailgating me so I slowed down, I was doing 70ish he then undertook me, I was a tad naughty and sped up to make it difficult for him hehe....I flashed him and he was going nuts, he hit the brakes in front of me, good job I was alert for a change then commenced to gesticulate at 40mph on the outside lane of the dual carriageway, swerving into the middle so I couldn't get passed, not that I wanted to as I don't undertake so I stayed on his tail , blowing him kisses and pretending to take a photo of him, when he saw the phone he tried to speed away but I stayed with him until the roundabout then blew him a big kiss and took another photo of his face, or so he thought, I do love a bit of conflict on a Monday morning lol

tess

Morning all, Happy Birthday Tess

US getting involved with Middle East politics surely not???? Given that they have found oil off Cyprus, I guess it is likely to extend into Turkish waters too but no they wouldn't would they?

Keeping my head down here, got plenty of things to get on with in the garage including removing the 415 motor off the post lift so I can get it matched with 230/415v tree phase equivalent and I can get the thing properly commissioned. Got some parts to weld up and repair on some outdoor gym equipment; very old Chinese item so that'll be fun!

Fella that rented a pair of garages next to us got served a notice to leave two weeks ago and last weekend was all enthusiastically emptying engines and loads of valuable items out. Yesterday evening I notice he has simply taken his locks and left both full to the rafters with cr@p, oh joy I wonder how much of that will get chucked out in the alley before it is resolved.

Have fun all...

thanks newton xx

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning troops.

Sat on the beach in Rye, a bit bracing but as I got burnt yesterday probably a good thing.

Home later today, garage the Audi and get back in the Spider :)

Happy birthday Tess, you must be getting close to 40 now :)

lisknik

Morning troops.

Sat on the beach in Rye, a bit bracing but as I got burnt yesterday probably a good thing.

Your such a creep!! :) Another holiday, you get more than a school teacher! :)

Morning all, some of us are at work ...... till tomorrow eve any way ;)

tess

Morning troops.

40st not 40yrs lol