New Giulia UK Pricing

MrMickS

I finally got an email through from Alfa Romeo with the UK pricing for the new Giulia. I couldn't see a link to the article from their home page so here it is http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/alfa-rom...ement_050816_0_giulia_gbr&bannerid=Banner1CTA.

Lots of special trim levels for the diesels, no doubt to appeal to the company car leasing market. The 2.0 petrol is looking like a good deal, more power than either diesel and less money. Also around half the price of QV on the road. It will be interesting to see how many private buyers we see.

If they are truly looking to take on the German fleet barges though I think they need a couple more V6s. A detuned petrol with say 300hp, but more importantly a V6 diesel with 250hp or so.

iainw

Its a shame the QV STARTS at 59, its the only one I would be interested in. With the inevitable 'essential' options even the man maths might not work considering the expected depreciation... Lets hope the prices drop as fast as the Ghibli so they will be good value in 2 years.

zagatoes30

I still fancy a QV but the price point new it too high for me, I will wait and watch the secondhand market as they flow through in a year or two time

MrMickS

Looking at the QV configurator there isn't much more you can add. Colour change is probably the only thing worth doing. Still going to be £60k on the road though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMickS

I'm surprised at a single output option, and a low one at that, out of the 2.0 petrol. It's less than the 1850 in the Giulietta and 4C and only 30hp more than the 1.4 multi air. I'd have expected a 250hp version.

iainw

Looking at the QV configurator there isn't much more you can add. Colour change is probably the only thing worth doing. Still going to be £60k on the road though.

Isn't there the usual alcantara / carbon / leather / contrast stitching / sound upgrade etc etc options?
Not like the italians to not max out on optional extras

iainw

Just looked at the configurator - you are right. fully specced its 60,750.

Could be tempting depending on what deals they offer.

Trev Latter

I think they've missed out a little. There should be a model with 250-300 bhp. For the money, none of the lower priced models appeal and the QV has a lot of established competition around the £60k mark.

Andyk

Prices do compare with the competition......Very close to the XE and 3 series......but needs to be good to match both of these and the reviews have been promising......

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Strange that you don't seem to be able to get the petrol engine on anything higher than Super spec. Whilst it's probably a relatively limited market it seems like a missed opportunity.

MrMickS

Strange that you don't seem to be able to get the petrol engine on anything higher than Super spec. Whilst it's probably a relatively limited market it seems like a missed opportunity.

The other's don't look to be specs but 'special editions' designed for the leasing market. At least that's my read on it.