Had to happen at some point.....

highlander

Have had Gina the Alfa GT smoker for 6 years as my daily drive and she has gave me no bother or cost other than service costs for the last 90k miles. Last night on the way into Inverness the battery light came on and the steering went solid. Pulled in and checked, yup, the belt had gone so low loader time back to my local garage......just hope it is just a worn belt and not a stuck alternator or power steering which forced the belt to go :(
Still, always a silver lining.......we were on our way with the MIL for her birthday meal so taxi for Fiona and her mother to the restaurant whilst I awaited pick up with Gina and then went home with a chippie tea - bullet dodged I think ;)

allandwf

Lol! Every cloud eh? Hope it's just the belt,and not the alternator as you say, and that it's easier to change than on a GTV!

highlander

Lol! Every cloud eh? Hope it's just the belt,and not the alternator as you say, and that it's easier to change than on a GTV!

No idea Allan, but given I can see all the points for the belt to hit if it is just the belt, should be pretty simple......famous last words ;)