late 06 Brera 3.2 Q4

Assetto 52

Hi
I am about to pick up a late 06 Bera 3.2 Q4 SV as a run about over the winter,i am picking it up Sunday
the car passes all checks with fling colours good history and service record.
There are a couple of thing that need attention there's a scratch along the bottom of the door and the wheels need a revamping
due to curbing.
So what i need to know:

What radio is in the car is it a Blaupunkt ? i need DAB module for 6 Music!
Wheels there the 7 horse shoe style presently silver i want a dark Graphite so i need colour codes
of genuine Alfa wheel colour i have seen them on other cars please.
I am also thinking of lowering the car with an Eibach pro kit one to lower it and two strengthen the front end
i know the engines are heavy and tend to make the front bounce a bit on breaking! there seem to be 2 versions
of springs which do i need
I hope someone can help
Regards Gordon.

allandwf

That's what we bought as a run about, although Mrs allandwf seems to have claimed it as hers! Has it a USB port in glove box? Ours is a 2008. Yes I believe the standard radio is Blaupunkt. Other than a leaking coolant pipe it has been issue free. No issues with bouncing, but not sure what springs are fitted.
Re wheel colour codes, Alfa don't give codes for the paint, but most seem to use this.

http://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/Car-Manufacturers-Colours/Alfa-Romeo/

Assetto 52

Thanks
The body shop that has rebuilt the AC has alfa swatches so i will choose from them
i was tempted to go the same as the AC wheels but i think darker would be better
as the car is standard Alfa red.
Most people run away screaming when i tell them im buying an Alfa not sure why!!
It was a toss up between an audi s3, Bera 3.2 Q4 or VW R32 i wanted 4 wheel drive preferably 3 liter or more
4 exhausts won the day, plus ive never owned an Alfa and the other 2 are reliable and boring.

allandwf

That's not strictly correct, look up R32 timing chain issues! Well known, but kept quite quiet, don't want to upset the "nothings as reliable as a Volkswagon" myth. ;)
My apprentices one has been off the road for months with engine issues.
The Alfa can suffer chain stretch too, so keep on top of services and change when recommended. That said ours has over 110k on the clock and still runs great, you would never know. Consumption may be an issue for some, as it's not great, but I look at it as keeping myself in a job :)

Assetto 52

New chains/clutch/and steering rack so fingers crossed its reasonable reliable.
The car is just a runabout until spring when i hope the ac is totally finished
Im used to gas guzzlers its the £500+ road tax that gets me.