Alfa Romeo GT blackline jtdm - bought for £700 ;)

beau

So I recently picked this up, it's a 57 plate blackline 1.9 jtdm, done a fair few miles at 174k but runs mint, also virtually mint condition throughout, has fsh, hpi clear, cambelt and clutch done etc, even has fairly new branded tyres all round, it was in Scotland so was a fair old drive to collect, but for £700 well worth it :)

So I will use this as my new daily car for now :) they are such good cars these diesel gt's

I also picked up a metallic black 2004 156 2.4 20v jtd (facelift) on 17" wheels, black leather, virtually mint condition, 140k miles with a fsh and cambelt done, mot until march, all for £70  Iv lent that out to someone for now

conaero

Forum Owner
£70 are you sure you did not miss a zero off the end of that?

The GT 1.9 is a great car, miss mine immensely.

lisknik

Saw your posts on the facebook groups Beau, fantastic going! If you look in the right places you find the bargins, like my 159 :)

Digsy

Love that GT. Seems to have worn incredibly well for the mileage. Just well looked after?

beau

Yes £70 matt, he just upgraded to a 159 and it was sat on his drive for a few months

How much was your 159 then? Are you letting on, I have a bargain 159 here too ;) Iv owned that since September 2015

And the jtd gt's do cope with high miles just fine, this is my third one between 170-200k

lisknik

Yes £70 matt, he just upgraded to a 159 and it was sat on his drive for a few months

How much was your 159 then? Are you letting on, I have a bargain 159 here too ;) Iv owned that since September 2015

And the jtd gt's do cope with high miles just fine, this is my third one between 170-200k

My high milage (208k) 2.4 sw Lusso was £1200, mot at the end of the month, need about 700 quids worth of work done but after that :)

What 159 and how many you got?? I thought owning three was greedy ;)

dem maser

Beau, you want to go into business together?

Ill put £100 in so if you match it we should be able to get a Ferrari Enzo with your negotiations

iainw

So I recently picked this up, it's a 57 plate blackline 1.9 jtdm, done a fair few miles at 174k but runs mint, also virtually mint condition throughout, has fsh, hpi clear, cambelt and clutch done etc, even has fairly new branded tyres all round, it was in Scotland so was a fair old drive to collect, but for £700 well worth it :)

So I will use this as my new daily car for now :) they are such good cars these diesel gt's

I also picked up a metallic black 2004 156 2.4 20v jtd (facelift) on 17" wheels, black leather, virtually mint condition, 140k miles with a fsh and cambelt done, mot until march, all for £70  Iv lent that out to someone for now

70 I just spent more than that on lunch! Lol
Love the Alfa Above- that's a steal for 700 if it drives well. Actually like the look of it.
You certainly do find bargains!

conaero

Forum Owner
MAF will have to confirm this but I know the 1.9 has a gearbox made of chocolate, you need to go for the 2L it's much better car all round.

beau

Yes 1.9 gearbox isn't good, but then lots of them about on 150k with no issues, just a known weak
Spot

Corranga

I like my 159 1.9. Had it 3 or 4 years and it's just crossed 66,666 miles, and touch wood, it's cost very little to run, and looks prettier than any saloon short of a QP V (and maybe a current Jag XJ..) in my eyes.
Boot is a stupid shape, and mine doesn't have folding seats. Nice place to be though. Dark interiors were a bit dull imo, tan / cream leather is where it's at.