Auto Italia, Brooklands 2017

MrPea

Phil just emailed me directly (as contacting him directly was needed for last year's parade lap). It's pay to display at Longcross if you're not doing the track day, and at the Auto-Italia day it's display if you turn up in an Italian car, as part of your entry, and apply to do the parade lap.

dem maser

I have just received this from Phil Ward

Auto Italia Driving Experience
Longcross April 28th

The popular driving experience for owners of selected Italian cars will return to the private Longcross test facility (and Auto Italia’s photo location) on Friday April 28th. The traditional Brooklands Italian Car Day will be held on Saturday April 29th. With the events being held over consecutive days Italian car owners have the opportunity to take in two neighbouring venues.

The Longcross driving experience is not a conventional track day that places stress on both cars and drivers but an opportunity for owners to demonstrate their skills. The 2-mile circuit includes fast straights, banked corners and a hill in the ‘forest’ section. The demanding nature of the course requires the use of pace cars to control the groups of cars. Numbers will be limited so drivers will have plenty of laps.

Because the venue is not open to the public attendance needs to be pre-booked. In the first instance Italian car owners should apply to the organisers with registration details of the car they wish to enter.

Subject to entry acceptance the cost will be £150 per car plus a three course Italian buffet lunch at £25. The fee for nominated additional drivers is £50 including lunch. Lunch for drivers' passengers or guests is £25 per person.

Owners of pre-booked Italian cars are invited to join the paddock display and space will be set aside for clubs. There will be a track parade for all cars during the lunch break. The cost is £20 per car. On site catering will be available.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate

MrMickS

1. Contigo - GTS
2. Ebenezer - QPV
3. Rockits - 4200 CC
4. Dem - Alfa GTV V6 (if Alfas allowed out with you)
5. Newton
6. MAF260
7. Conaero (Alfa or Maserati, depends if the suns out)
8. Beau
9. Trev Latter
10.Maverick
11. GeoffCapes
12. Jasst
13. Morebeans
14. Scaf. GTS
15. Spartacus 4200
16. Panicracing GS
17. Zagatoes30 - Spyder or Alfa (both if family come)
18. MarkMas - QP V
19. JonW - GTS
20. Hong Kong 3200GTA
21. Luckes GTV6 'Nero'
22. greeny12 - 3200GT
23. Mr. Pea

With the helmet requirement I'm going to limit myself to display only so have removed myself from the parade lap list. At the moment I'm still intending coming down though. Will be travelling down on the Friday and staying near Heathrow.

luckesGTV6

Yes guys I am coordinating please put your name down on the list on this thread.

I have presumed you are organising tracking the Alfas as well as the Masers Phil.
Hope you have better success than Nick and myself have experienced the past couple of years!

Merc circuit parade - crash helmet regs are, sadly, a peep into the future methinks. I won't be surprised if we need them this year for the Alfaholics parade lap frolic.
Next year the rollover cages, then 4 point seat harnesses, then external engine kill switches, then .........

Personally I really like crash helmets, You're reminded what you're getting into the car for when you hit your 'skid lid' on the door header on the way in.
I've slyly observed that they also can seamlessly turn :saifi1: into :jpbelial: - and some of us don't really need any encouragement!
Still worth trotting round the circuit though for the chance to clean the 70 mph carp out of the jolly old engine - without fail it goes better for a week or two afterwards on the shopping run.

Now guys, have I somehow misunderstood the term 'Parade Laps' - Or is it 'them'?

Contigo

Sponsor
Indeed, maybe it was last year when we were told on the briefing, do not floor it off the wet section (used for wet handling ie showboating by the Merc AMG guys driving experience) otherwise you will hit the kitty litter so what does the Lambo with Twin Turbo's do? Floors it coming out of the wet section and lift off and then hit the brakes mid drift ruining the parade laps for the rest of us whilst his Bull is being low loaded out of there.

I suggest anyone wanting in on the parade lap emails Phil Ward directly to request an entry etc...

luckesGTV6

See what I mean, I saw the guy gyrate, and unless 'Specsavers' should be on tomorrows shopping list, I'm pretty sure from my distant viewing point the driver was wearing a crash helmet?
Very naughty however for anyone to ignore the track briefing.

I will take your advice tomorrow and email Phil W to apply for my 'declined' notification.

If successful it'll be an 'onward and upward' application for year 5 on the hillclimb!
I love to study the marshals faces at the top when they think you have left the braking too late (particularly after the Ferrari incident) ;)

luckesGTV6

I suggest anyone wanting in on the parade lap emails Phil Ward directly to request an entry etc...

Any point in my entry being on the list then Phil? Or are the Alfas going to get display space in the Masers parking area?? ;)

Deja Vue remains - I think Phil W may have lost my email again 'cos I've had no reply, but I know he's a busy guy around this time which is why a club entry is better for him.

Soleith

Sounds great, thinking of coming to it this year as Brooklands isn't so far away from me. What sort of time must one arrive to get their Maser into the actual Museum site entrance before it becomes full typically?

Also notice there looks like a parade lap. What's involved in this? Easy, relaxed drive? Is there a cost? Do people usually take out extra insurance as it would likely count as track usage I'm guessing?

dem maser

Im aiming to be there by 8am....i go every year and from experience if you go later you will risk not being with everyone else.....

MrMickS

I'll be driving from Heathrow in the morning. Is there a meeting point so we can arrive together, or is it everyone for themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dem maser

There tends to be a supermarket some meet at but im nearly always late (sometimes with the little one) so i just get to the gate for 7:50am

luckesGTV6

Pleased to report that Phil W has accepted the GTV on the track parade!!
Munching at a big fat humble pie at the moment. Oh me of little faith! etc.
Guess I'd better knock a few baffles out of the silencer and/or fit a decat to compete with you'se Masser guys during the warm up session?

StuartW

Pleased to report that Phil W has accepted the GTV on the track parade!!
Munching at a big fat humble pie at the moment. Oh me of little faith! etc.
Guess I'd better knock a few baffles out of the silencer and/or fit a decat to compete with you'se Masser guys during the warm up session?

Well done, persistence pays off - have fun!

MrMickS

I was just looking at tickets for this and at the bottom it says:

"For parties of 15 or more people a group rate is available."

Is this something we want to look into?

Ewan

I'm up for the Italia meet at Brooklands, so please add me to that list.

Not sure what to bring though. My choices are:

Maserati's - QP GTS, GS MCV, or Citroen SM
Ferrari's - 550 Maranello or 400i.

Opinions/choices/suggestions welcome!

GeoffCapes

I'm up for the Italia meet at Brooklands, so please add me to that list.

Not sure what to bring though. My choices are:

Maserati's - QP GTS, GS MCV, or Citroen SM
Ferrari's - 550 Maranello or 400i.

Opinions/choices/suggestions welcome!

Gotta be the MCV Ewan.