Llandow Track Day April 2017

Andyk

Look forwRd to catching up Phil .... And the odd passenger ride....Although may pop over to Bristol Sat morning if I get chance between setting up the Father in laws 70th birthday party.

hukent

If it is a 3200 then it probably won't work (if 2 don't) as it will be an OBD connector but use the older protocol. You will need a laptop running Unidiag to get the codes.

Didn't understand a word if that !!!

rockits

I can bring my Bluetooth cheap genetic special as well but not sure if it will do the required job.

Pete-r

Andy do you need names or reg marks etc for the bookings?

I've had a cancellation but found a replacement :)

Andyk

No, as long as they have paid bring their driving licence along they are fine.......

Pete-r

Some good advice there.

In terms of the car, check your fluids, park in gear no handbrake (heat will soak up the cable and boil your brake fluid), and most importantly come in one or two laps before you or the car is at the limit. If you kill the brakes by staying out too long you've ruined the day. Instead smaller, regular sessions are kinder on the car and you.

Building up is key especially if you've never done a TD or llandow before. It looks simple but it's deceptive.

Can't wait, weather forecast is dry and cold at the moment

Andyk

As per Pete above. It's about building up...don't stay out too long at first and give you cars breaks etc a chance to cool down. It can be heavy on breaks so if you feel the bite going come. You'll get lots of advice on the day.

Contigo

Sponsor
Might not make this now. I've had 4 new tyres fitted, alignment done and the car is still unbalanced somehow under load. The whole of the front end of the car moves when under acceleration and it's worse when pressing on hard to the point of fighting for control of the vehicle. Unless something obvious and simple to fix is found when it's on the ramp tomorrow then I doubt it will be making an appearance.