The Good Morning Thread

tess

Happy easter my lovlies..hope you have a lovely weekend..im working but thats ok..i dont mind

lisknik

Morning all, had a swearing morning, been changing a load of electrical plugs in the 33, still ain't solved my problem :(

Alfaspecial

Afternoon, still no closer to solving the 33 earthing problem..... and the mot is next week :(

Hi Nik,

An Italian, one Alessandro Volta, 'invented' the battery (in the form of the Voltaic pile) in 1799. Unfortunately no one in Italy since then seems to have improved on C18th technology.... .......

What are the specific earthing issues you are having problems with? (lights? horn? indicators? or what)

PS are you BIAMFing? on Saturday, if the car is mobile perhaps we could have a look at it (I could bring a multmeter etc)
cheers
David

lisknik

Hi Nik,

An Italian, one Alessandro Volta, 'invented' the battery (in the form of the Voltaic pile) in 1799. Unfortunately no one in Italy since then seems to have improved on C18th technology.... .......

What are the specific earthing issues you are having problems with? (lights? horn? indicators? or what)

PS are you BIAMFing? on Saturday, if the car is mobile perhaps we could have a look at it (I could bring a multmeter etc)
cheers
David

Some lights and some indicators, and everything has power going to it, no blown bulbs either ;) Yes I will be there as per normal :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Sounds a nigtmare it's probably all the filler where the light bases earth :)

Morning, day off, drinking, curry no fags :( been off them a while now. Went over to a vape in Aug last year, knocked that on the head after the Xmas doo and not thought about it since.

If you offered me either now I'd take the vape, far prefer it but I was on it all the time and contrary to what I was led to believe, affected my fitness.

Le Mans will be the test!

lisknik

To be fair....it is, has the two leading 33 experts in the country stumped, and Duncan yet he is yet to look at it properly ;0

lisknik

Morning all, back to the doom and gloom of work after a great Saturday at biamf!

33 dropped down with duncan for the mot this week...... got to be ready for next Saturday, even with half the electrics not working.

luckesGTV6

Morning.

Nik, look at it as 'half the electrics working' sounds more of a good thing.

Mornin' all! (yawn)

It's refreshing to hear such a positive way of looking atta de probberlem widdee spaghetti. :)

I'm currently assigned by the GTV to addressing a challenge from the Engine Management department.
Deadline Llandow in two days time (and Brooklands following).

However my confidence has now been boosted from an anxious 'half empty' to a dynamic 'half full' (Thanks to you Matt) and I can positively report the following:

There is a wiring diagram which is approximately representative of the car spec.. :)
The MAF & engine temp sensor are OK, by substitution, as are all connectors/relays in the engine bay. :)

Remaining challenges - it's still running in 'limp home ' mode and my laptop can't 'see' the diagnostic socket any more so that's mebbee a clue?.
Tempting to do an ECU reset but might lose the remarkable over-rich mid range accelleration but retain the massiive flat spots.

Hope Duncan sorts the 33 Nick It will be something so simple, like the previous one on the GTV - seatbelt light was an intermittent short in the Telepass system wiring!!! :)

lisknik

Thanks Matt and Peter, resisting the urge to ring him and find out whats going on, he don't need me pestering him! Hope you get it sorted Peter!!

Morning all :)

Alfa Muppet

Well at least your 8 month old £47k Mercedes isn't in the garage with electrical issue Nick!!!! I feel history repeating itself as my old C250cdi was a regular visitor to Mercedes Weston. It doesn't bode well

Anyway at least I have to drive the Alfa this week!

Afternoon all, back from NZ and more or less over the Jet Lag, just not much enthusiasm for work!

lisknik

Well at least your 8 month old £47k Mercedes isn't in the garage with electrical issue Nick!!!! I feel history repeating itself as my old C250cdi was a regular visitor to Mercedes Weston. It doesn't bode well

Anyway at least I have to drive the Alfa this week!

Afternoon all, back from NZ and more or less over the Jet Lag, just not much enthusiasm for work!

Get rid of the German trash ;)

33 Is home with a fresh MOT ready for Saturday!! :)

lisknik

Afternoon all, productive day, cleaned the 159, and my flat, lawns cut, relax time till I hit the gym later on :)