Auto Italia, Brooklands 2017

dem maser

Great time, I really enjoyed it, Mark thanks for the lap and I hope your heads not too bad today same goes for Su, haha what a character she is.....lucky man Phil
Thank you all for coming

Alfa Muppet

Great day was had at Auto Italia - we didn't leave until 5.30pm so a tad tired after the 5 am start!

Icing on the cake for me was being in the Magazine in the Alfa 4x4 feature and coming out as the top dog with the 164!

zagatoes30

Chris (Catman V2) your old 116 I believe looks strange with that 75 interior. Alex has got it looking and working quite nicely now and he uses it as his daily driver

IMG_7600.jpg

CatmanV2

Chris (Catman V2) your old 116 I believe looks strange with that 75 interior. Alex has got it looking and working quite nicely now and he uses it as his daily driver

View attachment 43050

Indeed. It always had a 75 interior since we did the engine swap. Although I had GTV seats. Colour is not to my taste, but it's his car now.

Nice to see it being used properly :)

C

lisknik

Noisy gits, couldn't hear my little Alfa on the track 4 mins 16 seconds in -

[video=youtube;aVQVahNEmPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVQVahNEmPo[/video]

CatmanV2

What colour was it?

I meant the colour of the interior. I originally had dark grey, the red that Alex has is not for me.

The car was always black, although when I had it resprayed it was Nero Carbonio. Not sure if Alex has painted it flat or Carbonio again.

C

JonW

Is the owner of MKW 255 a forum member?...

I've been looking on and off for some Italian flag Grill stripes for my Granturismo, but so far have only seen them for a Quattroporte.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Is the owner of MKW 255 a forum member?...

I've been looking on and off for some Italian flag Grill stripes for my Granturismo, but so far have only seen them for a Quattroporte.

Enamel paint and a steady hand. :smile:

luckesGTV6

Hi guys,

A memorable day out and great to meet everyone. Nice to have the forum members in one area, well done Matt!

Interesting trip around the MB track. I now have a bit more empathy with the guy in the Lambo who put the power down too soon last year 'cos even with the GTV's meagre 220 bhp, when I decided to investigate the surface on the last lap, I found a rogue patch of the 'super slippery' surface at a point where I thought the car was well clear of the circle and it hit the rev limiter in a millisecond - I thought I'd broken the gearbox! This was only a few feet before the point I'd stuffed the boot in on the 2 previous laps!

Test hill runs were as per the last 4 years. My brother heard one spectator remark that the GTV was slow "because it's not making enough noise to be quick" ;) 'Nuff said!

If anyone has lost a Maser catalogue and glossy Maser magazine I found them near my car after y'all had left.
If perchance t'was a hint, be advised that the GTV is sufficient stress on my lifestyle at the moment! :)

MrMickS

The glossy magazines were left by a Ferrari driver who just gave them to us. Not a hint or anything. Honest

There did look to be some slippery spots on the track. The Rivolta driver seemed to find them every time he put the power down. Or was that just his driving.

luckesGTV6

Too many cylinders, too many 'cubes and a 'showboating' driver onboard possibly?
I think the Iso's were in their time designed to accommodate a brace of portly Mafiosi, their minders and a sufficiency of tommy guns (for defensive purposes only of course) in violin cases.

Even in the 90's when visiting Fiat one could not help noticing that most of the Lancia limos were to special order and had tons of armour plating, run flat tyres and bullet proof glazing.

Oh dear! Silly me! I nearly forgot to say "thanks a bunch matey" to the Lambo driver in the parade queue who asked to borrow my crash helmet, made arrangements with the marshals for collection at the end of my session and after I had waited half an hour for him at the turn in - drove past wearing a prettier helmet that he had borrowed from someone else! Nearly missed the test hill signing on by the time I had scythed my way through the crowd to park the car.