The Good Morning Thread

luckesGTV6

Mornin' all,

Beware, we may be victims of fake news here!
Mr Conaero keeps posting intriguing reports on the restoration of a certain Brera - but despite an earnest request from Mr Alfa Muppet some time ago has so far failed to produce any vestige of evidence that this is happening. Personally, I have no doubts as to his integrity but does the vehicle even exist?

Just to let you know we are reading your posts Matt. ;)

conaero

Forum Owner
What happened to no drinking, big fall off the waggon?

Evening, another day of Brera fettling tomorrow where I shall mostly be doing earths!

And yes, it does exist, pics soon...

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning, brass monkeys down here, roll on summer, just need to get this Christmas shite out the way!

Alfa Muppet

Morning all - wet and dreary in Weston today. Off to listen to "Airbourne" later at the O2 in Bristol, then off to Hanover for an Agricultural trade show on Sunday - soon be Christmas!

lisknik

Morning all - wet and dreary in Weston today. Off to listen to "Airbourne" later at the O2 in Bristol, then off to Hanover for an Agicultural trade show on Sunday - soon be Christmas!

Same in Bristol mate :) Stuck at work and all :)

Morning all :)

luckesGTV6

Good morning everyone! ;)

Cold clear morning so my plan is to pop downtown later and talk to the knowledgeable man in the garage to see when he can draw out the dents in the GTV rear quarter panel with his vacuum puller.
Said he'd do it for now't as a 'fill in' job because the damage happened during a charity event and reckons it will be successful as the metal looks to be unstretched in most places.
Didn't know such places existed these days until very recently - small thriving family run business with no plans to expand onto an industrial estate unit.
I'd bet he wouldn't have sent me packing when I needed work done on the exhaust earlier this year as did two glass and tile emporiums. (a plague on their camels and may their wives bear no sons)

lisknik

Cold clear morning so my plan is to pop downtown later and talk to the knowledgeable man in the garage to see when he can draw out the dents in the GTV rear quarter panel with his vacuum puller.
Said he'd do it for now't as a 'fill in' job because the damage happened during a charity event and reckons it will be successful as the metal looks to be unstretched in most places.
Didn't know such places existed these days until very recently - small thriving family run business with no plans to expand onto an industrial estate unit.
I'd bet he wouldn't have sent me packing when I needed work done on the exhaust earlier this year as did two glass and tile emporiums. (a plague on their camels and may their wives bear no sons)

Good going Peter,

Afternoon all :)

Alfa Muppet

Good news, the welder is still available!

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning Muppet, its gloomy, dark and dank down here with Xmas looming...bah humbug!

Roll on the those warm spring days and going to car events!

luckesGTV6

Goody mornin' guys :)

Fighting away the gloom and desperately trying to forget the vicious attack I suffered in broad daylight yesterday at Tesco's.
I was savaged by a rabid shopping basket at the checkout. Thankfully the staff seized the attacker and made sure that it was taken aside for retraining. (However I distinctly saw them put it down {on the floor that is!})
Meanwhile I make light of my injuries which are more serious than the modest blue plaster would suggest as I was pierced almost to the bone.

Good news, the welder is still available!

I'm still not sure which way the repair on the GTV will go as the car won't be back from't garridge until dusk.

If ee be at the Fox meeting this evening I should know by then Mr Muppet. Thanks again for the offer 'cos it does give me a choice.

luckesGTV6

Good morning to all,

Cold as Christmas today but I'll be toasty indoors working on my new classic pet's starter motor which seems to have a short on a couple of commutator segments.

Regarding the GTV I was disappointed that the garage place could not ping the dings in the body 'cos the metal is too thick! Says a lot about more modern cars!

Never mind, I'm content to not use garridges and will attack it viciously with a bludgeon instead, confident that it cannot make the situation worse! :)

Have a good one y'all!

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning, off to Sainsbury's for a sandwich and dishwasher tablets....oh the glamour of it all!

Brera still sick getting fed up with it now. Looks like I am going to have to strip the intake manifold off it and remove the swirl flaps and de gunk it...cambelt off...its a sod of a job apparently. Oh well, best stop moaning about it and get on with it!

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning all.

Sorry I have not been around much but Ive been getting in a huff trying to fix my Brera which at last I think I have done so I can start enjoying it rather than loathing it!

lisknik

Morning all, sorry for the absence .... been sorting a few personal issues out.... on the good news front, i'm no longer on facebook :)