Fulvia 1600 HF

zagatoes30

Hopefully going to see it tomorrow, check condition, alloy panels and numbers to see if it all hangs together. I let a 1600 HF slip through my fingers about 4 years ago when they were £16k now I need an extra £10k or spend nearly the original budget on the much more common 1300 version.

philw696

Come on Andy you convinced her indoors to get a Range Rover SC this should be easy mate.
Fingers crossed and might even say a prayer for you.

alfatwo

I have a plan, not a good one but any plan is better than nothing

Get yourself a nice 3200GT Andy, never mind those old Lancia things..

It'll frighten you to death for 18 months :wink: and you'll still make a profit when you sell it..

You can always leave her in doors at home, I do!

Dave

zagatoes30

Get yourself a nice 3200GT Andy, never mind those old Lancia things..

It'll frighten you to death for 18 months :wink: and you'll still make a profit when you sell it..

You can always leave her in doors at home, I do!

Dave

Other than get a nice (is there such a thing) 3200 that is exactly the plan with the HF :)

zagatoes30

So been to see it and other than some filler crack where the flared arches meet the front wings it looks good. Starts on the button warms up nicely and then idles in that lovely lump way 1600 Fulvia do. Excellent spec, up to date MSA logbook with everything recorded. Alloy bonnet, doors & boot panels from the earlier S1 and excluding windscreen plexiglass windows. Recent rolling road report dead flay torque curve throughout the range and 121 BHP better than the 113 quoted by Lancia but that might be down to Weber carbs and sportier exhaust.

Seller a really nice bloke who wants the car to go to an enthusiast and subject to a deposit he is happy to hold the car while I free up the necessary spare cash. Just need to convince the Mrs now as its nearly twice the budget I have had approved.

philw696

Sounds exciting Andy and as a former UK Motorsport competitor I would with out a doubt.
Grew up with Fulvias as my Father was connected with the Jolly Club Milan.
Went to school many a time in a Works Fulvia.
Just think of the Fun is the Wife any good on the maps ?

zagatoes30

Got permission just need to try and put the deal together but there a couple of European rally competitors after it who I suspect will have deeper pockets. Will know later this morning

zagatoes30

Offer on the table but as expected owner is going to talk to the Europeans first and then get back to me

zagatoes30

Booked to go and see both this and the other Monte Carlo at the same place, for this money they will need to be perfect

Ewan

That's a very lovely thing. But I couldn't justify paying high twenties for a such a relatively slow and basic car when you consider what else is available at that price point. All sorts of Masers, Porsches, Lotus's etc would be higher up my list. Maybe even a Renault Alpine GTA. But hey, it's good we're all different.

zagatoes30

That's a very lovely thing. But I couldn't justify paying high twenties for a such a relatively slow and basic car when you consider what else is available at that price point.

Totally agree, I think the price is well over the odds the last Monte Carlo I saw was at £20k and sold for £18.5k.

I missed out on a cheap 1600 HF in April at £26k but have not seen another much less than £40k since. Good standard 1.3S cars are coming in from Italy and are around £14-16k, £10k premium for a MC is high considering it is only paint and a make over to look like the rally cars ( wheel arch extensions, remove bumpers, add spot lights etc.). This dealer Cryers Hill does seem to be trying to drive the prices by bringing in excellent cars but sticking them up at high prices. I will find out on Monday if this is him being ambitious or if he really wants to sell.

Last edited: