Giulia Day

Andyk

Not the most stylish Alfa I agree but it is a long way a from pig ugly IMO, no worse than any of the other modern high performance saloons around these days

I think th QV is a very good looking car. As you say Andy certainly no where near pig ugly. There are Maserati's in the current range that look worse.....Well maybe one.....

urquattrogus

Well, I test drove a QV today. Wow, they have really nailed the ride, steering and handling!

I was so impressed, the steering was very lively, fast to change direction, the whole car felt very agile, yet the ride was actually very good!

The engine was somehow not quite as impressive as I thought it would be, but the big paddles and gearbox seemed very good.

Brakes seemed a bit snatchy (steel ones) and the infotainment system is certainly no I-drive.

Only 30 minutes test drive and lots of traffic, so not the best test, but wow, best I get saving!!

StuartW

Well, I test drove a QV today. Wow, they have really nailed the ride, steering and handling!

I was so impressed, the steering was very lively, fast to change direction, the whole car felt very agile, yet the ride was actually very good!

The engine was somehow not quite as impressive as I thought it would be, but the big paddles and gearbox seemed very good.

Brakes seemed a bit snatchy (steel ones) and the infotainment system is certainly no I-drive.

Only 30 minutes test drive and lots of traffic, so not the best test, but wow, best I get saving!!

Sounds promising, it looks the part for a car in that sector of the market. It will be interesting to see how well they sell, there's a lot of competition but hopefully it will hold it's own

conaero

Forum Owner

Brilliant to hear. Shove those mechanicals in a coupe and its bye bye Maserati

iainw

They are doing a coupe so a convertible will be done too in a year or so as the coupe will be out in 2018

Maserati will hopefully have something out by then to compete!
It looks similar ish to an M4 - but it's not a boring BMW and it's Italian and faster.

Andyk

Have you driven an M4 Iain....Nothing boring about the way that goes.....lots of back end fun it that's your thing but yes the Alfa is winning the group tests so a great car at last from Alfa....Cannot remember the last time we have been to say that or when an Alfa won the a group test. in a magazine.

Spartacus

That is a lovely looking car. Its ashame that the standard models look like generic Euro boxes . I nearly fell asleep looking at one the other day :sad1:

Last edited: