Giulia Day

iainw

Yeah wasn't for me either. But as I am getting older I need more practicality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not the macan turbo if you want a Porsche.
The panamera for me is irony personified. Falls short of every aim.
the macan Turbo and the forthcoming Alfa stelvio seem to be practical sports cars

Andyk

Just seen that Jaguar are going to be making a rival to this and the M3 etc..... 500 bhp V8 SVR XE....That sounds very interesting indeed.

Needamaser

Just seen that Jaguar are going to be making a rival to this and the M3 etc..... 500 bhp V8 SVR XE....That sounds very interesting indeed.

Seems peculiar we hear oil reserves running out and damage to the planet and taxes and bans on using certain vehicles coming in next few years and yet car makers launching or planning to launch these supercars.
Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson closing one series of TG a few years ago driving (I think) an Aston at the crack of dawn saying in the near future these cars wouldn't exist or words to that effect.

Andyk

Seems peculiar we hear oil reserves running out and damage to the planet and taxes and bans on using certain vehicles coming in next few years and yet car makers launching or planning to launch these supercars.
Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson closing one series of TG a few years ago driving (I think) an Aston at the crack of dawn saying in the near future these cars wouldn't exist or words to that effect.

Well it's good news as far as I'm concerned....say what they like as long as they still make them.

Contigo

Sponsor

He said it was the lat of the V12's IIRC , which he still got wrong!

urquattrogus

Here is the spec I went for, arrives before end of March! (cancelled order by someone else)

Factory Options (EX VAT):

Tri-Coat Paint (Competizione Red): £1,458.33

Black Leather / Alcantara Sport Seats with Red Stitching: No Cost Option

Black Callipers: No Cost Option

19” Dark Finish 5 Hole Alloy Wheels: £291.67

Quadrifoglio leather / alcantara flat bottom steering wheel with carbon insert: £187.50

Electric Seat Pack: £791.67

Convenience Pack: £354.17

Sound Theatre by Harman Kardon Audio: £791.67

Interesting to hear that Jag are making a V8 XE, that would have been right at the top of my list too! I've driven the V6 XE S a while ago but it wasn't in the same league.

That Clarkson clip is always very emotive, I've wanted a V12V ever since :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Here is the spec I went for, arrives before end of March! (cancelled order by someone else)

Factory Options (EX VAT):

Tri-Coat Paint (Competizione Red): £1,458.33

Black Leather / Alcantara Sport Seats with Red Stitching: No Cost Option

Black Callipers: No Cost Option

19” Dark Finish 5 Hole Alloy Wheels: £291.67

Quadrifoglio leather / alcantara flat bottom steering wheel with carbon insert: £187.50

Electric Seat Pack: £791.67

Convenience Pack: £354.17

Sound Theatre by Harman Kardon Audio: £791.67

Interesting to hear that Jag are making a V8 XE, that would have been right at the top of my list too! I've driven the V6 XE S a while ago but it wasn't in the same league.

That Clarkson clip is always very emotive, I've wanted a V12V ever since :)

Well done mate, tempted to get one myself!

philw696

Interesting reading guys.
Loved that Top Gear clip Clarkson at his Best for me and fantastic film work.

rockits

I asked for a discount. Got told nada. Zero. As it is a new car.

Has anyone managed to get a discount. It doesn't make sense to give any since it is brand new. Otherwise it would devalue it.

I would say it is a better drivers car than the Ghibli and GTS. Certainly faster than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most lease companies get discounts of between 40-50% on bulk orders for new cars from manufacturer's I understand. That is why there are so many cracking deals and so many lease companies.

iainw

Most lease companies get discounts of between 40-50% on bulk orders for new cars from manufacturer's I understand. That is why there are so many cracking deals and so many lease companies.

Doubt the guilia Qv will be available at a good lease deal?

iainw

Probably mate, it's newer and different for me and I do like a fast saloon car. Will revisit a GT again but in the form of a Strad I reckon.

I understand that thought process...
My worry would be shelling out a bit more money...more depreciation and then feeling its a step down.
I think it will be more fun to drive maybe... but not sound as good or get as many looks..

Andyk

)

Yes the S wouldn't bother the Guilia....different league......The SVR is probably pitched right at it. Going on how my lowly diesel XE drives it could be a ******* as even mine feels very sporty indeed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 33

Andyk

I understand that thought process...
My worry would be shelling out a bit more money...more depreciation and then feeling its a step down.
I think it will be more fun to drive maybe... but not sound as good or get as many looks..

Very different cars .... grand tourer against full on sports saloon. The Guilia would probably be more fun on your fav twisty road but the GT must be a more comfortable ride and easier to live with for that European jaunt.

iainw

Just look at alfas PCP offering... PP of 63k .... final payment of 19k after 48 months.. not confident of residuals